Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #166
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
That's getting a little TOO stereotype-y for me. Relationships come in all shapes and sizes.

While I agree, and prefer, to be on equal footing with my mate, such an argument is a little irrelevant for a king. It's the nature of the beast that no mate is EVER on an equal footing with a king, and was likely their subject before they were married, especially in a world where your whole race is your kingdom, so you can't even go one kingdom over to find a bride not in awe of your station.

That said, I have no problem with compatibility, and hope they show Pumyra, or someone, who has compatibility with Lion-o become his Love Interest. Cheetara could have worked, but I was always pretty convinced she'd end up with Tygra.
That's the point Ive been trying to make for the last 4 months. It's unfair to judge someone based off of some idea you've had stored in your head for years. Sure we have our cultural norms, but who are we to judge someone when they don't fit into our boxes? This belief that women only show support when their romantically interested, is what leads to the problems like these. Saying stuff like, women only do this when they are this is a stereotype. It's unfair.

Relationships and the people in them come in all shapes and sizes.

For a romantic relationship to work, she cannot sit there and bow down to Lion-O's every wish. It's not something that's is going to, or should work. Yes Lion-O is a King, but the audience is not going to be susceptible to that kind of dynamic. Not in a romantic relationship. That would be uncomfortable to watch.
I would love to see Lion-O with someone who has no qualms about telling him no, or refusing him. Make him work for it, so to speak.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote