TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:09 AM   #19
RedAlert Rescue
Thunder Kitty
Bandai are not known for good articulation - I'd imagine some buyers of Thundercats 4" figures would be shocked if they'd not been groomed by Ben 10 or Power Rangers to expect poor articulation.

I'm not sure I appreciate Bandai's Plastic choices either.

But I can just remember to not go near a Marvel Figure for a while before Playing with Thundercats then the disapointment will be much less.

I liked Kenner's Jurassic Park & Aliens figures a lot and they have a terrible amount of Articulation to them so Thundercats are a step up from that.

However that said I would like to see a different take on 4" figures (perhaps in a boxed set) that ditches the Magnets or shifts them to accessories so that figures like The kittens and Cheetara can be improved without the Magnet getting in the way.

Incidently a pair of ferrous Nunchuks and partly metal sword ( a pin in the hilt perhaps) would be good for back storage though 'where appropriate'.

Thundercats figures are still superior to all but the most expensive or unusual of Mattel Figures though in terms of play value.

I would like to see them actually make big characters bigger though (Mumm-Ra / Grune,Slythe) and just limit their accessories again as is done by Hasbro with their Marvel Universe line. I don't like that they kept them small just so they fit in the vehicles.

It's not a deal breaker but is a little disappointing and if the line lasts into 2012/2013 i'd hope they'd approach some of the characters in a different way.. like in twin packs..

For example one huge character and one tiny one (Mumma-Ra vs Snarf). or two normal size ones and no magnets and better joints.

As for the gauntlet issue I prefer it as an accessory that fits over his arm - ideally you want it to fit on his leg too and store the dagger-sword in it.

As to the Original Question - yes I prefer 4" figures over bigger scales in most cases - as they are a good scale for cross line interaction and allow for decent vehicles.

Even if Thundercats vehicles are not really know for being especially outstanding (anymore than MOTU ones are).
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote