Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #507
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: NIBMRatchet @ TFW2005.com

Quote:
It was not too long ago that we found out about Mr. Simon Furman expressing his thoughts about continuing the Marvel Transformers Comic Book Series with the help of IDW.

At the IDW Forums, Transformers Comic Book Fans replied to Mr. Furman’s statement with full support.

Now, they have created an online petition for everyone to take part to receive permission from IDW for the continuation of the series starting with issue #81.

Meanwhile, Andrew Wildman; Transformers Comic Book Artist left a message on his blog regarding this latest development.

"…A while ago myself and Simon Furman considered the idea of picking up where we left off with the old Marvel Comics run of Transformers. For me it came about because after doing a series of six covers IDW asked me to do some interior art for their Transformers book…

…So where are we now? Well it is clear that IDW are not resistant to the idea but in these current times of relatively low comics sales they would need to feel confident that it would sell.
So what can be done about it? If you are interested, sign the petition that is going about. Get enough names on that and it would clearly be a viable project. Of course it remains to be seen who would draw it as there are other interested parties but I think it is safe to say that Simon would love to get his teeth into it…
"

The Online Petition can be found here: Restart Original Transformers Continuity From #81 with SIMON FURMAN
Original Source: Andrew Wildman Shares His Thoughts - The Transformers #81 Petition - Transformer World 2005
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote