TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #27
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
Damn Good episode. It didn't keep the pace of previous ones, but it felt like it didn't need to. It felt like a breather episode, a chance for the established status quo to finally set in. And yet it's not like the characters themselves have stopped. We see that they're trying to use the Book of Omens to navigate the Thunder Tank, which is pretty cool and a great way to not only keep the macguffin subdued without writting it out, plus it showcases the heroes' creative thinking.

Lion-O's charatcer has been more firmly established, and I like that his impatient nature wasn't the main problem, it was his straight-forward attitude. Though the impatience and ego were both touched on, they are not viewed as something he needs to rid himself of completely. Yes he was humbled, but the moral was to be a better fighter, not a better person, which I liked. I like that we can have "flawed" heroes who are maybe a little cocky and antsy, but it's not a damning quality.

The drifter was a neat character. Excellent voice, and while I liked his actual ability to just drift along the winds, I have to ask.... um, how? Was he always like that, or did losing his sword make him... light or something? I dunno. The duelist was okay. Interesting design. Charatcer was very standard villain. I liked how his very ornate design, along with his intricate sword backpack put him visually at odds with his surroundings. Everything was very subdued, worn-out, plain, while he was very busy, colourful, clean. Lion-O seemed like a visual in-between point.

Also I seriously enjoy Snarf now. He reminds me of my French Bulldog. Hyper, fat and adorable.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote