Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #623
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Deefuzz @ TFW2005.com

Quote:
There has been much buzz over this year's announcement of Shout Factory's upcoming release of the Japanese Transformers Headmasters series. One thing fans have been hoping for is that this would mean subsequent releases of Masterforce and Victory, and thanks to a post by Shout's own Brian Ward on the Shout Factory forums, we now have more light shed on that topic.

I can say that you should expect follow-ups of at least Super-God Masterforce and Victory. I can't really make any promises, regarding Scramble City or Zone at this time. That being said, Headmasters will certainly be used as a rough gauge of the series' popularity. After all, it is the only one of the three that is a direct continuation from S3, so we wouldn't necessarily expect the same response to the subsequent series.

Followed later by (in response to if there would be a release set of all three series):

Unfortunately, I can't reveal the release strategy, until that information is cleared by PR and Hasbro. But I will say that I'm currently working on all three sets, in hopes that the sales of Headmasters will prove the others are worthy releases.

So what does this all mean? The sales of Headmasters will be used as a gauge to see whether other releases will be possible. While it sounds like we can somewhat count on seeing Masterforce and Victory, if fans want to see a release of Scramble City or Zone then it is up to them to support Shout and these upcoming releases. Who knows what could follow after that? Beast Wars II? Beast Wars Neo? R.I.D.?
Original Source: Shout Factory Also Working On Masterforce and Victory DVD Sets - Transformer World 2005
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote