TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
decepticat
Snarf!
First off, I was a huge fan of the original. That being said this one even with it's nods to the classic 80's version is a totally new show. It's been said that it's Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars. I agree that it blends Sci Fi with sword/scocery{??} fantasy. It has created it's own universe and mythology. My only real complaint is that while I understand and enjoy the flashbacks, we've seen very little of our team in action since they have pulled together. MummRa, Grune, Slithe and his army while shown a little{more so in flashbacks} have yet to truly clash with the Thundercats. I look very forward to seeing these clashes and the pair ups like Grune vs Panthro that we all know will happen at some point. Meanwhile as they continue to expand the new Thundercats universe it's exciting to think of what we may see come to pass with Silverhawks or TigerSharks, or whatever else. I also gotta say the seriousness of the show versus the original is a relief as that was my only real complaint of the original was the hoky humor as in each show had to end in a big laugh fest each week. In conclusion, the creators of this version have really done an excellent job so far, lets see if they can keep it up and create a mythos that can over time hold up alongside the original which is why this show is being done today.
decepticat is offline   Reply With Quote