TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
I'm just sitting here looking at all my figures both new and old, and wondering about the fate of the line. I just can't understand why it was marketed so poorly -- by all accounts, not just Bandai. I mean, there is such a massive potential here. To see it do so poorly, or **gulp** fail... well, it's just beyond me. But anyways, I started to think about the classics line. I like the 8 and 6 inch molds, but only because they are updates. As a kid all I wanted was better articulation. I wanted Lion-O to be able to move his damn arms and legs. It's bizarre, but now as an adult I kind of miss that crappy, cheap mold (only referring to the classics line). Am I the only one? It's so nostalgic.

I always thought that it if you were going to do a classics line, do just that and use the same molds and packaging. I remember back in 2000, Mattel did it with the MOTU commemorative series and it was the coolest thing. I spent mad money and traveled everywhere to find each and every single one released. That's when I first used eBay. I even had to order out of the JC Penny Christmas catalog, haha! My point is, no matter what the cost, I had to have those reproductions. As a true fan still all of these years later, I needed every single one.

I'm not sure if the LJN molds even exist anymore, but just thought it could be a cool idea.

Also, I always thought that if you were updating a classics line, it would be cool to see the it brought back in the 4" style or smaller. More specifically, in a 4 pack or something. Remember the mini figures... what a blast they were!

Well, that's my thoughts, dreams, whatever on that subject
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote