View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Great post bro!

First...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcphoto View Post
I'm not sure if the LJN molds even exist anymore, but just thought it could be a cool idea.
They do. Ive come across a few but they are insanely priced. It would be better to just copy a mint figure and retool it. The molds are mostly in the hands of fans and god knows who else, though im sure alot exist of each.

I believe (could be wrong) LJN was bought by Jakks. Jakks has no fucking idea what they own or what they can or cant do. That being said they cant release anything anyway without the licence lol.

Second...

It would be really cool to go retro packaging but have newer figures! Bandai did a fine job making the vintage stuff. They looked classic and clean but obviously had a few flaws. If someone were to continue they need good wrist articulation. Thats why the bandai ones were killer! Lots of good poses but clean articulation lines.

Might be in the minority but I personally dont want MOTUC type Thundercats. Matty starts lines and doesnt finish em. What the next company SHOULD do is copy what bandai started but improve where they failed. It would help fill in the gaps and not make us all as bitter for what we already bought!
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote