Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #162
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
That is a pretty clear indication that the show has been cancelled.
Oh, good grief...

I struggle to understand how, as a fan, you seem to positively delight in only considering the worst outcome.

Some people just can't think rationally; I'm now convinced the show could run to 50, 100, 200 episodes and we'll stilll get whispers from the shadows "it's going to get cancelled any minute..." "I saw toys on sale in my area - must be the end!!", "I'm not watching until somebody confirms this show is running FOREVA!" etc etc.

Look, here in the UK, shops run promotions/sales/clearance on toylines all the time. It's designed to get people buying. I can't believe America is that different. Do you know how many times Star Wars toys have been "clearanced"/put on sale? And yet they've been running continuously since 1995.

Has Bandai and Cartoon Network done a bad job with the series?

Well, it certainly could've been better. But what some people here don't seem to understand (despite the more rational element here trying to explain) is that this new iteration of the franchise is still very much in its infancy. Only FIFTEEN episodes have been shown; only two waves released. We are in the "early days".

Can CN/Bandai guarantee the show will run for X number of episodes?

No, of course not. Anybody with a modicum of intelligence would understand that's not how the industry works. However, we know that they HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR 52 EPISODES. And anybody who thinks they're going to pay for something and then just never use them... eeessh.

As for the toys - local indications around me are that they're selling really well. Yes, it's only anecdotal, but so is your "AAAH!! THE LINE IS DEAD!! NOBODY IS BUYING!! OH, WHOA, WHY DOES BANDAI HATE ME!?!?" diatribes. Yes, Thundercats historically seems to be more popular in the UK/Europe, but still, I take it as positive.

And remember, wave 2 is only just filtering through. We haven't yet got it here in the UK. When a whole 12 months goes by without any new cartoons or toy announcements, then yes, I'll come back and say I was wrong, you doom'n'gloomers were right etc.

Until then, I'm just enjoying this. Can't wait for episode 14-onwards to start showing in the UK; my kids have saved up their pocket money and want to go to TRU tomorrow and get the Thunder-Racers or "Big Mumm-ra"... life is good.