TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #23
ToodlesMrJim
Thunder Kitty
I really like the 4 inch line, but am a bit taken back by the 2nd wave. For the most part it's a rehash line, so I'm curious why the molds were retooled to include less articulation?

Mum-ra (Everliving) - has basically the same to the deluxe with the exception of the wings of course. He lacks waist articulation that the previous figure had and doesn't come with the peg hold (or claw gauntlet) in his right hand. And for some reason they didn't paint the bandages on his hand, but on the plus side, they did paint the symbol on his chest correctly.

Panthro (Jaxx's edition) - I'm glad they didn't paint the gums like the prototype, just having the white teeth does wonders for the appearance of this figure. Back to the articulation, Panthro lacks wrist articulation but the part that really bothers me is that he has no heal articulation like the first figure did.

Lion-o (Witchblade edition) - First I have to say I think this arm is a bit larger (ape-like) than I think it should be. I do like the inclusion of the alternate hand. Lion-o also has less articulation than his first release, he lacks the heal and waist articulation. I think the torso must be a new piece all together because his crotch piece is thicker and (at least in my figure) makes his stance a little strange looking.

King Claudis - This is my favorite out of this series, but perhaps it's because there's not a previous figure to compare it to. This figure also lacks heal/ankle and waist articulation.

All and all I still like the 4inch line, the sculpts and paint applications are there (for the most part), but it is beyond me why they would spend the extra money to remove the articulation when they already had existing parts to use.
ToodlesMrJim is offline   Reply With Quote