Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: Store displays
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Anyone annoyed at how small some TC toy displays are? So far, every store where I've found them, it's only a small 2-foot wide display, yet lines like Captain America, Thor, and Green Lantern take up half an aisle! Christ, there's usually more Bumblebee shelf-warmers in stock than TC toys!
as a Thundercats fan I would LOVE to see a huge display with amazing signage, etc...

back to reality. There hasnt be a thundercat sold on a store shelf since the late 80's. Today, its an unproven line, even though the original show was successful. The new show was ment to be different in a lot of ways from the original therefore it was unsure how well it would be recieved. They dont want to pump a lot of money and shelf space into something they dont know how well it would do with sales. maybe series two or next year with a new roll out they might make a space dedicated to thundercats. I agree though that lots of toys become shelf warmers....maybe because the company behind it has more money to blow then they realize they get back. or because they have such a huge profit margin on them they can afford to have mods of figures on shelfs for an eternity until they go on clearance, still dont sell then are burned in a huge pile....and the companies still make a killing.

I dunno how it all works, but since Tcats are new and untested in todays market, I am not surprised they dont have huge display. Luckily for us, they are selling well.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote