Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #1332
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has posted excerpts from an interview conducted with GI Joe Retaliation director Jon Chu while at the 2012 South by Southwest Film Festival. The topic? Why Jon Chu did not film Retaliation in 3D. This makes for an interesting read, as it was announced very recently that GI Joe Retaliation is pushed back for 3D on March 29 2013.

The Hollywood Reporter: How was it decided not to shoot the film in 3D?

Jon M. Chu: There was a point where we were talking about it when I first came. It seemed like a natural thing, but I told them, “I know 3D. This is what we need. If we’re going to do 3D, we’re going to do it right.” It had a certain price tag to it, and I was like, if you guys are down I'm down, but I do need more time to do it right. And they were about to do it but they cut it just a little bit short, and [I said,] “if you guys are going to cut it short there is no point. Let’s make a movie -- let’s go for it and we’ll go all out. And we shot on film, super-35, and I thought this may be one of the last times I get to shoot on film, and it was actually kind of freeing. I mean, I love 3D and I think there is a lot you can do with it, but there is something to be said about just not waiting for anything. You’re just going. We shot so much film. I mean I think we shot 1.2 million feet of film.

Meanwhile, The Rock says(on Twitter after being asked if 3D will be worth the wait):

"It will be. Designing new scenes to enhance 3D".

However we want to know what YOU think. Are you okay with the delay until next March? Do you think Retaliation will be better in 3D and worth the wait?
Original Source: Jon Chu Explains Why GI Joe Retaliation Was Not Filmed In 3D And Rock Confirms New Enhanced Scenes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote