Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #1339
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Pete@Cobra-La has come through with the heads up that the GI Joe Collector's Club has not only announced that carded Footloose figures will be available at JoeCon 2012, but also 2 more guests:
  • Neil Ross
  • Will Ryan
NEIL ROSS voiced the characters of Dusty, Buzzer, Monkey Wrench, Wong and everyones favorite salty sailor, Shipwreck, in the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero cartoon series and animated movie. Transformers fans know him as the voice of Hook, Slag, Bonecrusher and Springer in the Transformers animated television series and Transformers: The Movie. A veteran voice actor, he has appeared in over two thousand animated television episodes and movies. Additionally, he's voiced countless radio and television commercials and promos as well as narrating documentaries and biographies for A&E and E! Entertainment. Neil also narrated twenty-two episodes of Nova for the world of science on PBS.

His voice work has also been featured in many live action motion pictures including: Back To The Future II, Dick Tracy, Being John Malkovich and The Interpreter. His work has been heard in many hit Video Games such as Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, Metal Gear Solid, Call Of Duty, Command And Conquer and Doom 3. In 2003, Neil was the announcer for the 75th Annual Academy Awards telecast.

Don't miss this opportunity to meet Neil for autographs and hear what he has to say about his time on the G.I. Joe series during the Voice Actor Q&A’s.

WILL RYAN voiced Footloose from the original G.I. Joe cartoon series and is a versatile voice actor, or, to use a neologism of his own coining, "cineloquist". Will can be heard performing some of his many voice characterizations in thousands of television episodes and commercials, hundreds of radio episodes and some of the most popular animated films ever made. He has evidently performed more featured parts in more Academy Award-nominated animated films than any other actor. Face it; he’s everywhere!

Among Will’s many well-known voices are Tigger, Rabbit and the singing voice of Eeyore on the Disney Channel’s “Welcome to Pooh Corner” series, broadcast twice daily for 16 years. Will created the voice of the loveable pterodactyl Petrie for George Lucas and Steven Spielberg in “The Land Before Time” animated feature. He portrayed Papa Bear in “Looney Tunes: Back in Action!” He has also been featured in Spielberg’s “An American Tail” and in Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.” He voiced Goofy for Disney for three years and gave vocal life to Yosemite Sam on several occasions for Warner Bros.

Will Ryan is also a entertaining composer and lyricist. His songs have been recorded by artists as diverse as the Pointer Sisters, Patti LaBelle and Mister T on the one hand, and Donald Duck, the Cat in the Hat, Winnie the Pooh and the Muppets on the other.

Although Will’s home is the United States, he has performed and recorded throughout the world.
Original Source: Neil Ross, Will Ryan, And Carded Footloose At JoeCon 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote