Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #1342
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
With the news of GI Joe Retaliation being pushed back to March 29 2013 followed up by Hasbro issuing a statement about the majority of the toyline being pushed back as well, comes more unsettling news. According to Variety.com, retailers are being asked to send the GI Joe Retaliation toys back to Hasbro:

"With Paramount moving the actioner from June 29 to March 29, 2013, to give it more muscle at the box office with 3D, retailers are being asked to send back the line of Hasbro toys that were starting to appear on shelves.

Some Walmart, Toys R Us and Target locations had started to stock the toys this week, although they weren't supposed to make them available until next week. Those that did wanted to get a jump on demand, and some of the 47 items that would've been sold are expected to show up on eBay at inflated prices by the end of the weekend.
"

Here's more on retailer woes:

"Still, the movie's delay is creating a headache for retailers. Because of the new line of movie-related toys, stores started to clear shelf space of existing "G.I. Joe" toys by discounting a 30th anniversary line and animated offshoot "Renegades."

Store managers contacted by Variety said that the space that was allotted for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" will now go to "The Amazing Spider-Man" toys and "The Avengers," which is still doing brisk business -- for Hasbro.

Mangers upset by the film's nine-month delay said they weren't sure if they would order the same amount of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" toys come March, because the summer movie season typically means bigger toy business for retailers. Hasbro isn't worried about the loss of revenue from "G.I. Joe" toy sales.
"

Interestingly enough, check out how Variety ended their article:

"Yet as it tries to keep retailers happy, Hasbro now has another problem to deal with: "G.I. Joe's" more hardcore fans, with a G.I. Joe Convention set to take place in New Orleans June 28-July 1 -- the same weekend the movie was set to open."
Original Source: Retailers Reportedly Asked To Send GI Joe Retaliation Product Back To Hasbro - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote