Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Lets see, the heir to the throne is always the first born. This has nothing to do with adoption.

She raised him for a while, I don't think she would change that fast. I think this is a writer thing.

Maybe they couldn't have kids then.
Like you said, the heir is usually the first of the blood (there are exceptions, the romans preferred adopted heirs), but either way, the rules of succession are the rules of succession. Feelings are irrelevant.

That said, I would think that she COULD still say prince, because heir or not, he would still be a prince. That was why kings always attempted to have multiple sons, so if the heir died there was another.

I won't immediately jump to the 'bad writing' card (although I think that's a lot of it), my guess is they were trying to quickly illustrate what happened to kid viewers without explaining in detail how succession works. 'Tygra gets a brother, loses everything' Which is NOT how succession works.

Plus, it makes their mom look REALLY callous. At least she had the good grace to look embarrassed about it. I hope in the episode there are more scenes of her later not totally ignoring Tygra, but I have a bad feeling about this.

On an unrelated note, this has shown something I've always kind of wondered. In order to look the way they do, do the cats basically all only breed with the same cat clan? I ask because if Cheetara were to marry Lion-0, she's not a lion, so would they have spotted lion children? I always just assumed I was thinking too hard and they would never answer the question, but now, for I think the first time (correct me if I'm wrong) we've seen someone's mother, and as far as I can tell she is a lion (or a puma, hmm...), so it makes my old over-analysis relevant.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-13-2012 at 06:53 PM..
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote