TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #18
Transformed
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingDagger View Post
My guess would be that the series will start in a very similar fashion to the '84 Transformers series, More than Meets the Eye, and most of the leaked trailer will be from the three-part premiere. By all appearances, they're really trying to set the Thundercats up as an elite ruling class, with the Plunndarian mutants being their slaves (and Grune as the chief slave-master!).
I don’t remember much of the Tundercats apparently, so could you refresh my memory by telling me who the Plunndarians are? The they the same as the Mutants?

The new trailer that’s up implies Thundera wasn’t too different from ancient Egypt. The hieroglyphics mural scene in the new extended video looks as though a Lizard like race (slaves?) are raising up against the Thundercats with Mumm-ra off in the distant as well.

Quote:
I got the definate impression that Lion-O may be very sheltered, and may not realise what is going on in his father's name. It also seemed as though Cheetara is trying to get a message to him, maybe to open his eyes to the plight of the mutants.

Another thing I got from the trailer was that it seemed as though it may have been the first time Lion-O was granted "Sight-beyond-sight" by the Eye of Thundera. Could it have been showing him what he'd been sheltered from in his ivory tower?
I got the impression that Lion-O was still in training (isn’t sparring/fighting with his father with the Sword of Omens?), and that everything was still new to him. I’m not saying that your theory is wrong—it sounds quite interesting, actually—just that this being the first episode, everything’s going to be a first.

Lion-O being a prince and all would have had to learn how to use the very things his father knows if he too is to become the Lord of the Thundercats, no?

Quote:
Also, if all these theories are correct, it could all add fuel to the fire that seems to be present between Lion-O & Tygra if Tygra supports the mutant enslavement.
If true, why would Lion-O accept Tygra as an ally/brother? Wouldn’t he be supporting the very thing Lion-O’s against?

I’m wondering what was the cause of Thundera’s end. Why did it explode; did their sun die or what? Surely the slaves could have destroyed the planet.

Quote:
He explicitly states Panthro has been exploring Third Earth, so unless he's being held over until the end of the series too, if the theory about Mumm-Ra not being a major player until later plays out, then they're going to have to set the majority of the series on Third Earth.
I wonder why Panthro was exploring Third Earth. Was it due to the pending destruction of his world, a new world to colonize and later relocate slaves to or something else?

Quote:
Another couple of clues: Tygra's toy has a significantly different costume to the one he's sporting in the trailer.
The extended trailer shows us Tygra in at least two different outfits, Lion-O, too. Isn’t it possible that we’ll see others as well? Isn’t it possible that the toy line will also have characters, gimmicks and an assortment of other things that will not be in the show—other toy lines do it, why not the Thundercats?

Quote:
Finally, unless the Berbils are now residents of Thundera, the concept art has been shown for their village (behind closed doors) at the NYC Toy Fair.
Wish those were made public How often do drawings from concepts make it to the final product? Again, I’m not saying these things don’t exist or can’t happen, just that ideas sometimes change or never come to pass.

Quote:
In short, the first three-parter will tell the story of the Thundercats civilisation being something close to the Roman Empire, complacent and decadent, with a few young Thundarians (ie, Cheetara) looking to open the eyes of the young Lord-to-Be to the wrongs being inflicted on another race by his father's trusted servants (ie, Grune). An uprising, probably led by Ssslithe (or Ratar-O?), sets off a chain of events that force Lion-O et al to leave Thundera for Third Earth. Whether this is some kind of exile for using the Eye of Thundera (and subsequently defying Claudus) or if it is due to some sort of catastrophe that leaves Thundera uninhabitable remains to be seen...
I would not doubt be interested in such a story, sounds awesome, but I don’t want to allow myself to get my hopes up too high.

Has it already been confirmed that the pilot will be split into three parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smasher View Post
In the original series the Thundercats location and unfamiliarity with the Third Earth was only a factor for a few episodes.
In the last season, when stories switched between Third Earth and New Thundera as locations it wasn't immediately evident which was which.

So, I'm not exactly married to the Third Earth's being the location, but it would be cool if it showed up in some form.
I don’t think I saw how the Thundercats ended, my area kept repeating the same old cartoons over and over, which led to my leaving the show

I hope the writers keep enough of the old show as possible while still making it fresh and very interesting. If this is anything like the Mike Young He-Man series I’ll be very, very happy (too bad it’s gone).

Quote:
What I'm more wondering about is the concept that the Mutants are slaves to the elitist Thundercats, and that Lion-O may be shielded from the more grim aspects of their society.

This seems a far cry from "Truth. Honor. Justice. Loyalty."
Good point. Was that quote always a part of the Thundercats’ code or was something Lion-O coined? What sort of person was Lion-O’s father? As I said up above, I don’t remember the Thundercat’s history all that well…
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote