TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #93
Lunchie
Thunder Kitty
Hey, I've been following these episode posts and I really just want to throw my 2 cents out there.

First off, I like this show. I do, but.........man did episode 13 ruin it for me.

I did like this episode. It feels like the writer's are attempting to fix some of the problems. A trend I hope will continue in future episodes.

Long story short, (or as short as I can) I love Thundercats, looked forward to new show. I wasn't looking for any kind of romance at all. Did like interactions between Lion-O and Cheetara. Primarily because it was different than what normally shows up on US television, IE strong warrior woman protecting the main character who falls for HER. (not the other way around) Some of the filler episodes got tedious but tolerable. Then 13 happened and I entered into a state of "WTH!" that I thought I would never return.

The "twist" (by which I mean 180) of Cheetara really just rubbed me the wrong way. (Despite how the next sentences sound, please no one take it personally) You can not justify it! You CAN make assumptions, but based solely on what was shown in the show alone, the move was virtually a retroactive character assassination.

The following two episodes didn't help (and Tygra doesn't help at all. Period. I am sorry but I REALLY hate this new series Tygra)

This episode it starting to mend the wounds of the last two episodes, but to me, to get me back to equilibrium, I need a better scene of Cheetara and Lion-O fixing their relationship. Cheetara's explanation was WEAK SAUCE. Lion-O obviously didn't buy it and neither did I.

I did have an idea where, Cheetara later admits she lead Lion-O on (She did. Based on the sole fact that several of the characters thought so to) because she wanted to make Tygra jealous, so he'd notice her.

I admit it would make her look bad, but a confession like that would show she recognized such an action as hurtful and wants to make amends.

(I am also not saying that Cheetara was the only one in the wrong. Lion-O was willing to admit in the trail that he DID make assumptions to her intent. He also still believes that she was "toying: with him, and not in the nice way)

Anyway, I am looking forward to the future episodes. (Sorry for the long post, I did try to edit it as best I could because I had a lot on my mind from several eps ago. I am sorry if this got off track)
Lunchie is offline   Reply With Quote