TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #140
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchie View Post
Last note, I swear, I am done for the night.

A lot of People say they want Lion-O to get together with Pumyra to smooth over this triangle debacle. I am sorry but........no. The writer's show they can build it but they can not deliver. Also....it's Pumyra. She had the least amount of screen time of any of the new Thundercats is the OS. Props to the creators if they want to do something different but seriously she's second string Thundercat material. To do that I feel would....just not feel right. Like Max Payne, the Mark Wahlberg movie. They took a B-list goon from the game's story and made him the primary antagonist of the movie to space the overall story between two films (the second which better not happen EVER).
I also wouldn't feel it would be true to the OS, throwing a romance that was never there or intended, or really even popularized with the OG OS fans (Don't look at me like that. Producers and creators stated they WOULD have had a Lion-O/Cheetara romance in the OS if time/higher up would have allowed it)

If she's done right, more power to Pumyra. But if a backup romance plot line is what they honestly have in store for her....I am not looking forward to it at all.
This I disagree with completely. I do NOT want a rehash of the original material, or a spiritual remake. Most of the stuff I like in this is the stuff where they took serious liberties with their interpretation (spirit stones, armor, panthro arms though I don't like the stretchiness, etc.) I would love to see Pumyra elevated to starring status and given a major role. And a romance would be a fine way to do that. I hope she would be more than JUST a love interest, but either way would be find. I really want them to bring in the three new ones and give them serious contributing roles, unlike what they had in a lot of the first show.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote