Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #141
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Overall I agree with everything here. Just a few points. Being a king is a funny thing, because part of how you become a king is to DEMAND respect. It's not a position you earn, it's a position you are given regardless of merit, and that puts you in a funny spot. Yes, you can't go too far or you become a tyrant, but you can't treat people like friends and equals all the time either. You are their KING, and sometimes you have to remind them whether they like it or not. This is why many modern types don't like kings, but it is what it is.

That said, I'm also terrified he's going to revert, because the trouble with this show is usually not that an individual episode or story is bad, it's that it's just so random it never builds on anything.
I agree, but no one, audience included wants to see the group follow Lion-O just because he is king. It also frustrates me when it comes to the rest of them. Sure he had a dumb idea, but hell, you all followed him! At least he can say he got you all to follow his dumb idea. It just not a good look.
I'm no political buff, but isnt that the point of checks and balances? Also did'nt Kings and the churches have some sort of check and balance as well( not a history buff either) ?
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote