Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #69
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
His father couldn't have known he'd end up as a prince of Thundera or even IN Thundera. For all his father knew he could've landed in a tree and starved to death a week later. Just because he didn't kill him personally doesn't mean he didn't abandon him.
Really? Javon first proposed sending an envoy to Thundera. He knew where it was located and the Tigers seem to be more familiar with technology (the whip). It's a reasonable assumption to make.
He may not have known that Tygra would become a prince but that does not change the fact that his actions shaped Tygra’s life into what it is.

Between a choice of killing him or sending him away, Javon made the only choice he could.

Quote:
Lets see...Tygra has lost 3 parents of whom he knew. Lion-O has really only lost one. You don't mourn someone you never met.
What are you talking about? I was emphasising how self-centred Tygra was at that moment. Everything is always about him.
He acts like Lion-O came straight out of his mother's womb with the intention of “taking” his kingdom.

Quote:
Tygra wasn't blaming Lion-O in this episode. He was telling what happened and what he felt at the time.
I believe his words were, “That night I lost the two things I cherished most, my mother and my kingdom.”

Implying that his life would have been so much better had his brother not been born was not a very nice thing to do.

I was criticising Tygra’s constant griping; his entire “woe-is-me” act was irritating after a while. It’s as though Lion-O and the others didn’t even exist.

Quote:
Tygra was the only member of his clan in the whole kingdom.
So what? He was the favourite son. He had the favour of the people. Everyone loved him.
My point was that if Tygra felt like he did not belong, then the writers hadn’t done a good job of showing that.

I’m supposed to suddenly believe that Tygra spent his whole life “not quite belonging?”
Why not give us a silly flashback like they did with Cheetara and the Flower, after all they seem to be good at that.

Quote:
Tygra has been learning lessons too, but Lion-O is the focus of the narrative, not Tygra. All his issues have not been solved in one episode.
This was my point – it should take more than one episode to resolve Tygra’s issues.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote