Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #73
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Man, certain fans really really love to judge things based on flashbacks. One flashback of Lion-Os mom and suddenly everyone is 'this woman is a horrible mother to Tygra'. You guys want to see what really abusive stepmoms look like? Take a look at cinderella first --_- The sheer amount of whining about how Tygra feels unloved because lion-o's mom didn't call him a prince is amazing.

And losing an adoptive mother you've met is probably a lot better than being the one responsible for killing your mother when she gives birth to you. You can try and see which talk is easier to give "I'm sorry son, but your mother went to a better place" or "I'm sorry son, but your mother couldn't take your birth very well and died because of it"
That's a matter of opinion. Is it better to love and to have lost, or to have never loved at all? Personally, I don't think you can miss someone you never knew. He was probably curious and maybe guilty, but I don't think he felt that longing for her. Specifically her, not "a mother" but a longing for the woman we saw int he flashback.

I don't think she stopped loving him, but she really shouldn't have said that. It gave Tygra the impression that something had shifted, and Eclipse has gone into the new baby thing.

Bro why toss in the adopted thing? Adopted or not, she was his mother. She raised him and loved him. The reason why some people went in on the prince thing, was because it looked like she was going to favor Lion-O because he was biologically hers. Which I think we can agree would be wrong.

Lion-O didn't have that big of a reaction to the flashback. He looked more hurt by the Thundarians pushing the tigers out of the city. Which (IMHO) is fine. Equality and fairness is a big part of Lion-O, and you cant miss someone you never knew.

Oh what should we do? Ignore the flashbacks because you don't like them? 0.o If we weren't suppose to "judge" the flashbacks, then the writers wouldn't have included them.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote