Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #93
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
GI Joe Move 2 has it's new director: Jon M. Chu! There are many new updates coming out from several sources. Here is what Jon Chu had to say.

Movieweb.com has this interview posted from Jon M. Chu

He is quite excited about taking on G.I. Joe 2, and promises to bring the 'punch' back to this franchise.

"The one thing I felt was missing from the last Joe movie was the power of the punch. You want Joe to be tough. They are fun, but they are tough. I feel that you don't want to make Joe too kidsie. That is one of the issues they are having. But yeah, I would have so much fun. There are so many cool characters to play with."

Jon M. Chu also talked about his plans for the upcoming sequel.

"I have a bunch of stuff written down. I have done a bunch of drawings and things. We'll have to see where that goes. Joe, to me, is iconic. It is as American as Coke and the Boy Scouts. To have that kind of history in a brand is so rare these days. And that is so powerful. So you can't treat Joe like its just another action movie. You can't treat Joe as just another petty commercial movie. Joe has history. Joe has always been a part of what America is, and now the world. What it means to be a leader and a hero. For me, it is about the fun stuff like Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, and all the gadgets. All of that stuff. But it has heart. Its heart is what America, and what heroes and leaders around the world, strive to be. I think that is what the brand needs. It needs the respect to be treated in that way."

To see all the related news connected with the GI Joe Move 2 director click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: GI Joe Movie 2 Jon M. Chu Set To Direct - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote