Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #32
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by eero View Post
I think even that is probably overly optimistic, but I would be very happy to see just this come to fruition (much as I was looking forward to 8" Snow Man and a customized Snowmeow using an extra Battle cat).
I'm not so sure on that. Cheetara and Mumm-Ra, Panthro and Wily Kit and Kat (2-pack) and that would be it. 2 Waves as a retail exclusive, or since there's 4 figures to a case, one case with no duplicates or older figures.

We know Cheetara has been sculpted and it's probably safe to say that Mumm-Ra is also done (all the pre-Toy Fair lists from Bandai themselves listed Mumm-Ra and Lion-O for the first wave and then last second switched in Tygra. Additionally given how 6 inch Lion-O is largely a downscaling of the 8 inch, I'm betting the same is true of how we got to 6 inch Mumm-Ra). Maybe a Ma-Mutt and Snarf 2 pack, but that's all I was talking about.

Despite my earlier disgust with myself for ordering and paying more then retail, I got the figures today and opened them to much joy (even though it's early, I consider this my big Christmas present to myself). Both have fantastic paint aps as well, neutralizing that concern. Mumm-Ra is fantastic, a few very minor complaints (A soft goods cape would've been really nice, but if Bandai is plastic capes or nothing, I'm really glad they went with none), but a lot of love for him. For now I've got mine holding the Sword of Plundarr that the new series 6 inch Mumm-Ra came with and it looks good. Lion-O has a few more nits, largely in relation to the 8 inch figure and coming up with a good pose with the claw shield and sword on his hip that looks natural and neutral, which the 8 inch pulls off without a problem.

If no one posts pics and there's some demand for it, I can take some with DCUC, Marvel Legends, and even Lord of the Rings figures. Lion-O is a bit short, but it's hardly some grossly tiny figure for the 6 inch scale figures. Even Mumm-Ra doesn't look that bad with MOTUC, which is the line that's huge to everyone else.

Classics has won me over, I'll be either completist or near completist with this line, for however long as it lasts. For the 8 inch line, I just need a Mumm-Ra figure.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote