TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: Complete Custom Sword of Omens
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
So, I decided to begin work on some Thundercats Swords and thought that I would post some pictures.
Neither of these projects took more than a day or two, so they're nothing huge.
This first one is the mass produced model repainted in the 2011 color scheme. I used my finance’s nail paint for the eye, covered with a clear coat and then the darkest green I could find for the hilt. I then cut the blade at the hilt to give it a little more of the new look.
Originally I wanted to take black paint/sharpie and color the Cat symbol on the inside of the "eye" cap and then use transparent paint on the outside so then once the interior light was turned on the symbol would appear. That didn't turn out this time, but next time maybe...

The second one was a little different. When the original promo poster came out for the 2011 series (you know the one, with a shadowed Lion-O lunging towards the audience) the sword reminded me of the ‘Kit Rae’ edition called “Sword of The Earth".
I grabbed one of those, then took the Eye of Thundera off of an old broken JLN Toy sword I still had. I then glued the eye onto the blade using PL Premium.
It still just didn't look right so I took a black sharpie and coloured the blade around the eye, then used sandpaper to make the black more round and more and even. This ended up giving the sword a more tribal look in my opinion which works very well. Finally I took my fiancé’s blue nail paint and colored the two pieces on the hilt and pommel. Neither project cost above $80.00 including the purchase of the swords.
What does anyone think? Any suggestions?

-Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20110523_1.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	271Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20110523_5.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	272Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20110523_7.JPG