TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #45
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Nice episode. I really liked the parallel between the Captain (Tunar was his name?) and Lion-O. And the designs were awesome - the Ramlak was a totally weird fantasy ID reminding me of some crazy old AD&D monsters - a giant whale/squid that is a cactus, and steals water from oasises?

Thoughts about minor things:

- The kittens were great. Loved the "We are not following you. You are just walking in front of us" line from Kat. And, how they steal their clothes.
- So, after ransacking Thundera, they invaders just leave? The lack of other cats left behind leads me to believe the lizards took them as slaves. However, Mumm-Ra and Grune are back in his pyramid, so Grune has indeed become his general, not Slithe's ally.
- Liked how Tygra stops openly questioning Lion-O now that he is king, showing his respect for the traditions.
- I honestly did not expect to see Claudus' funeral, a very touching moment.
- Lion-O's thirst for vengeance... it's a good thing they did not encounter any lizards, as I doubt he had any thought of mercy in his mind. Still, even after coming to terms with his priorities, it'll be tough for him to learn that the guy who killed his father is, you know... ever-living, thus cannot be destroyed for good.
- Jaga's fate is a nice twist of his old ghost state, while leaving the possibility of bringing him back in the flesh, behind.
-Liked Mumm-Ra's and Grune's little exchange. Grune points out the obvious, but Mumm-Ra is not convinced... which leads to even more questions, why did Jaga not want Claudus to find the Book?
- Loved the fish-people, especially the captain, the cook and the spotted-goldfish like first mate. There were even females on board.
- Is it just me, or wasn't it creepy how the fish-people were so ready to eat intelligent beings without blinking an eye? Maybe they have fallen on really hard times. Also, nice little touch about how they still need water to live in that the lower decks of the ship were under water.
-Changing clothes was not a big deal we needed to see. They have mentioned that they also gathered provisions before leaving the ruins of the city, and we can guess there was plenty of stuff lying around the marauders left behind.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolza_khyron View Post
oh i do know, it's only hasbro that creates everything... lol

we'll be lucky if we get any lizards other then slithe lol!

We already have one that comes with the catapult toy. One of the goggled fat frog-like types.
I second that I wish this toylinbe would become what Star Wars Clone Wars line is, where every character gets a toy... I like these designs so much, I would buy the whole fish-people crew in a heartbeat, for example.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 08-06-2011 at 07:09 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote