TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #31
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
You act like this is the first time this has happened. WB and CN spent money for Tranformers Animated and they canned it after 42 episodes. WB and CN spent money on Samurai Jack, and they did not even initially want to air the last batch of episodes. They spent money on Megas XLR, had a contest between 4 cartoons and it won, and they still canned that after like 20 episodes. Why should Thundercats be any more or less special? Especially compared to a bigger property like Transformers?

And Bandai hardly put any thought or effort into the toyline, so I doubt they spent any money on those either. I bet the only reason they took up Thundercats is they were polishing their Power Rangers Ben 10 shelf and a couple thousand turned out to be stashed away on it. It was extra money, Thundercats was up for bid, and they said, "Hey, let's get Thundercats. I mean, it probably won't sell well, so we don't need to put too much effort into it, and we do have all of those unpaid interns, so that will give them something to do."

Transformers was axed because of the movies and Hasbro (The Hub).
Samurai Jack was done in house by CN and compared to the NS was cheap to bring to life.

Bandai while they did put together a crap line, was certainly not helped by the execution of the show. That doesn't change the fact that they spent a lot to get the master license and they probably want to recoup some of that.
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote