TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #87
Valdin
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
Slept on it a bit last night and had some more thoughts.

In Ancient Egypt Cats were worshiped and revered , so Mumm-Ra being an ancient Pharaoh may tie in to their connection.

Or maybe the cats were a very primitive species and Mumm-Ra came down in his flying pyramid and they worshiped him like a God. He then takes advantage of their naivety and uses them for his personal goals

But one thing is really bothering me and maybe someone can shed some more light on this.

In the first or second episode, it is stated that there is a prophecy that their greatest king would come bearing the gift of sight beyond sight. Now the fans know this means Lion-O of course.

But if the indication of this great future king is the gift of sight beyond sight , then this would mean that this is something previous kings did not have or was very rare if they did.

But when Lion-O calls upon sight beyond sight , no one is surprised or even acts like it is all that impressive.

Also Mumm-Ras transformation was very lackluster , They could have made it a lot more impressive. Like they could have had it where the cats race up the stairs to the book of Omens. Then as they walk towards it Mummy Mumm-Rs floats down in front of it. Lion-O Says something like "You will never have the book Mumm-Ra , we will stop you" Then Mumm-Ra starts laughing evil and manically.

All of a sudden he starts his chant , the clouds outside the temple grow very dark and lightning starts billowing across the sky , purple smoke fills the air , and then he finishes "Mumm-Ra the Ever Living" and lightning crashes down in front of him as his form changes. His evil bat like wings extend as the cats have this look on their face . A Great billow of wind flies towards the cats , them having to shield their face with their arm , as a sign of his impressive power.

This is just something I thought of as I lay in bed lol.
Something that is getting to me just a little bit, The classic series had great music and themes that were very impactful. Look at star wars, you can hear music from it and know where it was from and it brings on nostalgia. Same goes here. Mumm-ra had a killer transformation from the classics, he did the chant and you heard the blaring theme coming in and you knew something amazing was happening. At the end they had their tender moment music snippent, there was the the end theme and the thrilling omg whats going on music. For this new show, it seems like they pulled back a bit. I don't know why, it made it something more special. Don't get me wrong, I love the new music, the throwback intro, etc.
This was an awesome episode. Indiana Jones indeed.
Valdin is offline   Reply With Quote