Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #66
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciberw0lf View Post
Need armored Leo and Mumm-ra figures BAD!
I really don't get the "Gotta get them all!" bug, heck so far I've only gotten 6 inch Mumm-Ra, but at almost any scale, that Armored Mumm-Ra figure is so very bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
Loved how armored Leo was basically GARO

this was easily one of the best episodes so far if not the best
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. As soon as it happened I almost heard the JAM Project GARO theme in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkbot View Post
Samurai Armor Mummra? WTH? the whole motief with mummra was ancient Egypt, now we got japanese design influence? Thats a crock, its not even of the same age.
Mwhua? I did not see any Japanese design in that armor. The helmet is very strongly evocative of Anubis, the steparmor on the wings looks like Egyption detail motiffs in their horn sculpture, and he's wearing a very dark colored royal shendyt.

Obviously the face on the front of the armor, the large shoulder pieces, and the hip guards aren't authentic Egyptian fare, but they don't exactly scream Japanese as much as generic anime armor; such as from Tekkaman.

Anyway, the anime armor sequence after I got over the surprise of the somewhat silliness of it, was a fantastic episode IMHO. Lots of backstory and setting up for many future episodes along with several WOW moments, like the forging of the Sword of Omens. Also Mumm-Ra looked incredible in the armor.

I seriously doubt this is going to become a "hunt for the crystals" series, while it will undoubtedly a theme of the rest of this season, I doubt it will be fetch questy and instead using that overal theme to tell interesting stories on their way to the finale.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote