Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
It's hard to stay optimistic when you visit the stores and:

• The Walmart where you first saw the 8 inch Classics, 2 pegs of Classics, 4 pegs of 6 inchers, and 12 pegs of 4 inch figures, along with dedicated space for the tank and mini-vehicles, the sword, gauntlet, and other role play items, and the Cats Lair now displays 1 peg of 6 modern inch figures and 1 rack of 4 inch figures.

• The TRU where you first saw TC figures and picked up 6 inch Mumm-Ra and had the full product lineup now has some Thundertanks, a neglected Armor of Omens, a few 4 inch Mumm-Ras, and a handful of beaten up 6 inch moderns.

And the like. 3 TRU's, 2 Wal-marts, and 5 Targets in my area and none of them have anything than what feels like leftovers at this point. The major Wal-mart which went fullout Thundercats now displays them in the rear of the store next to the clearance crap. It's more in-line with a dead line then one that's just waiting between waves.

Now I'm no fool; I know that my stores don't reflect anything but my stores, but as I said, it's hard to think of the brand as anything other then dying when there's nothing but remnant product on the shelves and it's been how many months since there was a show before this week?
I agree that what you are seeing in your neck of the woods doesn't necessarily hold true for every where else, however what you've described sounds exactly like what I've seen here in South Florida with the new line.
There's plenty of Wave 1 stuff just hanging there waiting for someone to buy them.

The harder to find stuff (at least in my mind) which I'd think would move very quickly like the new 6" Cheetaras, Armor of Omens, etc... are just sitting on the shelves at the WalMart by my house. I almost want to buy them up for future eBay sales or what not.

I'm hoping that by moving the show to Sat mornings the show will be watched by more kids and thus bring some life back into the toy line. I'm not that thrilled with the NS but I DO want a 6" release of Kaynar and Addicus!

Last edited by AlexofThundera; 03-30-2012 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Typo
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote