TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #57
Silverback
Thunder Kitty
I love the new Thundercats show. Besides the Pilot and the a few recent episodes I think this is perhaps the best cartoon I've ever seen. "Song of the Petalers" and "The Duelist and the Drifter" are absolute works of art. Not all episodes are as great but those two happen to set the bar pretty high. Even if there isn't a second season I would hope there is some closure for the series like finding the rest of the stones and maybe seeing Bengali and Linxo join the team.

They tried playing things safe with this franchise and I see more and more toy companies doing this. Kids may be a driving force for toy sales but more and more collectors are walking away even from Star Wars and Transformers because we are being offered less product but being charged more. Not to mention distribution. At first TRU and select Walmart and Target locations were the only places I could find the toys. As of the begining of 2012 more stores started carrying the figures but not all of them and most that did immediately put Thundercats on clearance. I have had a really hard time finding the second waves of 4" and 6" figures. The poor economy is a tired excuse and businesses keep putting it on the backs of the consumer wich isn't helping.

I agree about the gateway figure. I grabbed all the 4" figures I could and the Thundertank. I am still missing Claudus and Mumm Ra from Wave 2. I have no interest in the Deluxe assortment and if I can't find a 6" Tygra I don't even wanna bother with the 6" line at all. I was looking forward to 6" thunderkittens. I have put off buying any more Thundercats toys myself because I don't want to invest in a toyline that looks as if it is getting cancelled not to mention the trouble finding the new stuff in the first place like the figures packed with vehicles. I still buy for my kids though in hopes things will pick up.

Also I feel the show is very mature compared to many of the other offerings on television wich may be a bit much for some kids to grasp. Idk though. My kids and I sit and watch it every weekend. They absolutely love it. We watch it on demand though since it started airing on Saturday mornings because we sleep in.

Anyways, I have some solutions that may help. Entertainment Earth has 6" Tygra on back order for anyone looking and the price is listed as $16.99 wich is equal to what Walmart charges around here and cheaper than Toys R Us. Also there is a preorder up for Season 1, Book 2 DVD on Amazon as well as individual episodes for purchase for like $1.99 as well. Maybe itunes has episodes for sale too. I don't know. So those of you who can't watch the show have an affordable means to support the franchise.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote