Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #251
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPINMASTER X View Post
I was not very impressed with this episode at all. To be honest I was pretty disappointed. It's like this episode was thrown together. Also why is Mumm-Ra such a loser now? I'd say the writers need to let the villains develop as much as Lion-O does because I'm not sure I can take seeing the Thundercats get cheap wins so easily.
I agree and disagree.

I think the episode as a whole was pretty well done, especially when compared to the last couple of train wrecks.

On the other hand, the writers NEED to figure out how to write more compelling two-sided fights. An action show lives and dies by its fights, and this show is developing a habit of having bad ones. And there is no excuse because the animation is very well done, it is simply a matter of badly written, badly choreographed fights.

And on a total side note, IMO they need to have lion-o give the full thundercats Ho more often. It is one of the pay off moments to this entire freaking franchise. I think it's what gave the first show half of its excitement. Because let's face it, those fights weren't that good either and Mumm-ra was not a credible threat, but when you saw that battle-cry and you heard that theme song kick in, you didn't freaking care. And I think the same thing could still work.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote