TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #45
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
First off, there was never any proof that the Wind Raider was missing weapons or that Swift Wind had two of the same legs.
Wind Raider review addendum – missing guns : Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation
Odds ‘n Ends > MIB3, Swift Wind QC errors, 6″ ThunderCats : Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation
Poe’s Point > A Peek into the Madness of Mattycollector’s Return Policy : Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation
Wind Raider Update > Mattel: No Replacement Wind Raider : Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation
Mattel Gets Positively Chatty : Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation

How many other blogs, pictures, reviewers, and other forms of "proof" would you like?

The last few start to broach onto the topic of DR/Mattels non-existant customer service of which I've had the displeasure of dealing with to boot.

Quote:
The 8inch Lion-O's connector piece on his belt would fly off the moment you moved his leg. Bent weapons, ...
If you meant 6 inch, I agree, otherwise couldn't disagree more. My 8 inch Lion-O has a tight as heck connector piece.

Quote:
However, if Mattel had been relesing the figures, we would have all of the cats by now in 6inch scales, we would have had a standard Classics line instead of a Classics line that released two figures then was relaunched in another scale with two figures and now possibly cancelled. And while you may point out the bad figures of MOTU, that is what, five figures out of 68. That is 7%, so 7% of the He-Man figures have defects. Bandai can only comment on two 8 inch figures, and five 6inch figures. Until Bandai has the entire teams out for both Classic and New in the 6inch scales (and by that I mean both the Cats and the main villians), I do not want to hear how much better their QC is.
Hard not to make a big point of it when my own collection is over 58% defective. I'm not talking a paint bloop or a bent sword. I'm talking mis-assembled, missing accessories, "chewed"/malformed/malmolded, or with joints so loose that the figure is essentially a ragdoll. From July 2009 until January of 2011 I didn't purchase a single figure that could stand up without using a cape/staff as a tripod and/or not explode into lots of small green pieces moments after opening the package.

Sounds like I've had a bad luck streak and it's not the norm, right? Wrong. There are people who have had it far worse then I have. Many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Mattel's figures would have been well detailed, but lacking in the articulation department. They probably would have made 6" figures, but they wouldn't range much past the core cast. Classics and anything else collector oriented would have been exclusive to their shit website.
Mattel would've pumped out 13 versions of Lion-O at this point and not the kits or Cheetara, with Tygra being shortpacked and nearly impossible to find.

The shelves would be full of clearanced Lion-Os.

Remember, that's how they handle their mass retail boy brands and what killed 200X He-man and what was a factor in killing Green Lantern.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 04-09-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote