Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #987
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Looks like we're in for more than just toys and a movie this year, which is the true GI Joe A Real American Hero 30th anniversary! Jim Sorenson, whose Transformers Animated Allspark Almanac Volume 2 had a surprising amount of GI Joe A Real American Hero references, has officially announced(on his blog) that he will be writing an Ark-style book for GI Joe! So what's in an Ark-style book? Tons of animation model sheets, and more(and he may have some sneak peeks at Roll Out Roll Call 2012)! Here's what Sorenson had to say:

It's going to be pretty spectacular. For some reason I've been able to find WAY more material than I have for Transformers. As the illustration to the right jokingly illustrates, I'm going to be taking a few thousand model sheets and condensing the very best and most interesting of them down into one volume of a few hundred pages. I'm really stoked at my first work in this new and glorious arena. I've come across some amazingly cool rare stuff, plus most of what you'd expect for a book about the Sunbow animation models. I'm still looking for more material, too, so if you're a collector of such things drop me a line. I'm especially interested in material from the movie and the commercials beyond, as well as incidental characters.

While sifting through model sheets, Sorenson came across a model sheet for an unused MARS Industries sub, similar to one the Seacons used in a Transformers G1 commercial. We've attached the image here, and here's how he describes it:

While putting together the Joe book, I cam across a very similar model, an early unused version of a Cobra submarine. (The actual model was revised a bit, most prominently to include a giant cobra head painted on the front of the sub, and will almost certainly be in the Joe model book.) Sure enough, the Seacons were menacing a sub from the same class of vessels that Cobra uses, seen here. I think it's kind of neat to uncover yet another connection between the Joe-verse and Transformers-verse.

Whether you're a fan artist hungry for GI Joe references or a fan who appreciates having a guide full of resourceful ARAH design material, this book will have a wealth of information that all fans can appreciate!
Original Source: GI Joe Ark Style Book Officially Announced - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote