TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I think partially, its due to the toy quality. "They just arent made like they used to". Some toys now are nice, but I just dont seem the same quality from old toys. Compare the Thundertanks. the new one has thinner plastic, gimmicks that really dont work, cockpit lid that falls off....the only thing negative about the old thundertank it the treads seem to break. but otherwise its built like a...well...tank. Same thing with the Cats lair and the Tower of omens. Not sure if they are really even comparible, but when was the last time you saw a playset the scale of the cats lair.....that didnt cost $200. Most toys now are over priced, over produced, cheap plastic gimmicks.

also "variants" (what a joke) like the grune with Thundercats logo, or Tygra with short whip, or Cartoon Logo packaging arent collectables at all (atleast not to me) and from similar instances with other toy lines, those Factory Errors, only appeal to a handful of people.

as for being valuable in the future. doubtful. they are so OVERPRODUCED its not even funny, not to mentiopn that overall lack of interest. Sure lots of kids and collectors love them but not like the scale back in the day. There are WAY more shows today then back in the 80's for kids to watch. so the base consumer is going to be more spread across different brands then just a handful.

I collect the modern Thundercats because I love Thundercats. I collect the vintage Thundercats because I love them.

Do I expect to pay for my kids college tuition on them. no.
Am I collecting just to make a profit on them in a few years. no.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote