Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #1020
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Prowl 2009 @ Toyark.com

Quote:
Thanks to our friends over at TheFwoosh, we have a really nice, in-depth look at the up-coming Matty Collector exclusive Legion of Superheroes 12 pack. Slated for release this October, it is the largest DCUC set we've gotten to date and features 12 of the Legions most memorable members.

Included in this beautifully boxed set are:

Superboy: This is the first time we've gotten a younger version of Kal-El and Mattel's version looks really good. He sports the lighter blue, shorter capped costume seen in the comics and his sculpt captures his persona well. Love the grin and sculpted ring as well!

Cosmic Boy: There was no doubt Cosmic Boy was going to be in this set, everyone knew he would be. From Mattel to the fan's, we all expected it. He sports his iconic pink and black costume and a cosmic ring sculpted onto his hand.

Saturn Girl: Another member we knew would be in the set, she is the packs sole female member and uses parts borrowed from the standard DCUC female body and sports a flexable short skirt.

Lightening Lad: Again, we knew he was going to be included. He features great, yet slightly subdued colors on his costume and the lightening bolts are nice and crisp. Also, who doesn't love that '77 haircut? Guess it came back into style at some point between than and the 31st century.

[B]Brainiac-5[/B]: This has to be one of my most favorite pieces in the set. His green skin, purple jump suit and blonde hair all look great together and I love the addition of folds and creases in his costume and that kindly facial expression.

Chameleon Boy: This has to be the oddest looking member in the set. Love the 50's B-movie look to him though, and the yellow and lavender colored costume is so off the wall, it can't not be cool.

Karate Kid: His gigantic popped collar attached to his gi, which is made of nice, soft plastic and he sports double-jointed elbows, something that is unique to this figure in the set.

Ultra Boy: Another favorite in the set, I love the red and green color scheme on the costume. Also sports a sculpted ring and boot fringes as well as some awesome sideburns.

Timber Wolf: This guy is all kinds of cool. Love the whited out eyes and the orange and black costume with the silver wolf logo in the centre of his chest. This is the Timber Wolf version they should've gone with, as he's had a few, sometimes slightly odd, incarnations over the years, but this is best, in my opinion.

Wildfire: How cool is Wildfire? Orange and Red make for an awesome color scheme on his costume and I just love that visage-hiding mask.

Invisible Kid: Basically included in the set to balance the packages symmetry I figure.

Matter Eater Lad: Not only does he have a really cool name for a superhero, but he also sports a mouth full of matter and fingerless gloves, so on those two marits alone, this piece is an awesome inclusion in the set.

Colossal Boy: Made up from parts used on C&C Wave 7 Atom Smasher, Colossal Boy is all kinds of awesome! Love the red and blue costume color scheme. It has a metallic sheen to it and is both simple and very eye-catching. A great oversized figure and addition to the overall set.

So, to sum things up, this set is all kinds of awesome! The 12 LOSH members included, as well as the extras thrown in (A 24-karat gold plated LOSH flight ring and an interesting Proty figure) make this a must own set for DCUC and LOSH fans alike! It's the biggest set we've gotten thus far and really delivers on all fronts! Don't pass this one up!

Thanks to TheFwoosh for all the awesome attached shots!... [Read More]
Original Source: In-Depth Look: DCUC LOSH 12-Pack - Toyark.com - Action Figures and Toys
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote