TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #258
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
The new Transformers movies were crap. I have no idea why giant talking robots apparently feel the need to PISS on people they don't like. Seriously, it became a movie about robots and toilet humor. It's still successful because a) it has giant robots and b) it has toilet humor, which is apparently what the moviegoing public of America wants from its movies now but that doesn't mean it's a good movie. Plus I'm not really sure it earned any new fans. If anything, new fans are being made from the tv series and less from the really really bad movies.
You have not been hanging around on TF boards like I did... from 2007 on, we have gotten a whole new batch of young fans who love beeping Bumblebee, "give-me-your-face" Optimus Prime who shoots prisoners in the head, and American Pie-style toilet humour. Yes, there are people who even liked Skids and Mudflap... Also, what it accomplished is making the general public aware of Transformers. Sadly, since then, Hasbro is forcibly making all other TF fiction conform to this "norm" - Bumblebee now cannot talk in Prime as well and will lose his voice in the War For Cybertron continuity too, and Optimus Prime seems destinied to remain a long-nose truck and Megatron a flying ... thing, it seems.

Quote:
And seriously, have you not watched japanese animation recently? We've kinda moved far away from the old days of sailormoon which is what you seem to be remembering. There are good and bad writers on BOTH sides of the ocean -_-
Naruto is new, isn't it? I watched like 5 episodes, most of which were about people talking endlessly about the other guy's fighting styles, commenting on their own, and one battle scene at the end of the show, where - for the most time - the opponents just stare at each other and talk/think. I haven't been this bored in ages.

Oh yeah, I am well aware there is good anime too, it's just... not the majority. And being a toy-line tie-in, there is a good chance Thundercats would be handed over to a studio like the ones who "graced us" with Transformers Armada, Energon and Cybertron.

IMHO, the best productions are where the writers are western, and the animators are eastern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
First of all , You're either a LIAR or have a poor memory.

1) Thundercats debuted in 1984-85 and Batman :TAS debuted in 1990-91.
I am a liar, yes, because I was watching Batman TAS in 1990 when I was 12 years old? 12 years still counts as being a kid, but please enlighten me if you feel otherwise.

Quote:
why does that matter....because the show was subject to absurd FCC regulations that the shows had to have public service announcements or written to portray moral standards because they didn't want animated shows to be commercials for toys. Thus some of the more simplistic elements and "knowing is half the battle" lessons.
So did Batman TAS. I have the "bible", and he shows a lot of things they couldn't do. Heck, they had to shoe-horn Robin into most of the second season episodes just because the sponsors wanted it.
MOTU, Thundercats had the same restrictions, but it also had sometimes asinine writing. Did the executives demand that we have to keep listening to Snar whine for 10 minutes per episode? Or that everyone acts wooden and talks like they are robots? Seriously, the OS characters are so lacking in emotion. And don't think I hate old toons. I like New Adventures of Flash Gordon, and that is an ancient show, as old as me! With horrible amounts of stock footage. But man, they still made it quite mature at times. (Well, except Season 2...)

Quote:
Oh yeah and Paul Dini used to write for He-man....

Hows that stuff again about Batman?
He started there. Simon Furman, my favourite Transformers comic writer, and a guy I postively IDOLISE, has started his career writing crappy horror comics. And also, he has written "Brute Force".... Just watch Linkara's review. It's a horribly bad comic. so... my point is just because I like a writer - and I like Paul Dini - doesn't mean he cannot write bad stuff either.

Quote:
2) You're damn right Sci/Fi fantasy elements made the show cool. Why exactly did you have comics and merchandise ( shoes, comics, shirts of T_cats) through the years LONG BEFORE this crap reboot ever hit cartoon network?
And those sci-fi/fantasy elements are in the new show as well, need I point you at the awesome Techno-Sorcerer Mumm-Ra? So your point is... ?

Quote:
3) Your comparisons are flawed---
Daredevil suffered from ( heres something familiar to jelenic) poor writing and less than faithful translations of major characters ( Elektra and Bullseye ) and a unfounded public dislike for Ben Affleck...
Watchmen was rated R-- if you understood movies then you'd know that action movies don't do as well with a R rating because you restrict and essentially halve your audience.
- Bullseye was extremely entertaining is a really silly way. As for Elektra, she was quite faithful to the original, as in - she died in the movie just like the original did. I'll give you Ben Affleck though. Seriously, how does he still get roles?
- Ratings don't mean squat, if you understood kids, you'd know that.

Quote:
4) Oh You got me on Transformers....its trash as well...maybe its just a well loved, well known 80's cartoon property. ( ....oh wait....)
- Didn't I say just that? So, um, thanks for agreeing with me.

Quote:
I mean its not like Spider-man, Captain America , Iron Man, Thor, Batman begins or those other movies were TRYING to be faithful and ended up being successful, HUH? what was I thinking?
-Spiderman was soooo faithful. You weren't around to read the endless bitching about organic webshooters, power-rangers-mask Green Goblin, or the ommission of Gwen Stacy, weren't you? I did like the first movie, though... probably because I am not such deeply into the source material. But ask any "true fan" of the series...

Quote:
and the dominant Properties from that era He-man, T-cats, Transformers and Gi-Joe...two of which are fantasy/sci-fi

You're just arguing for arguments sake with NO real thought of anything of substance.
No, I am arguing because of a certain person who just wants to bash and bash the new series again without having any concrete opinion about WHY it sucks, has to tell in every post if his how the show should be cancelled. We get it, you don't like the show. Say it simply that you don't like it. Don't say it's crap. I don't like Transformers Prime... but it has great animation and average writing with some very talented voice actors. You won't find me starting threads on TF boards asking for its cancellation, most I do is to do one post with my thoughts for every episode, and move on. You should to the same. Constant anger is bad for your health.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-22-2012 at 03:44 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote