TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Jordan, in all respect... no matter how much you remove a price tag, it retains "shadowing" from age to a cards colors so will always present itself as damaged, it really is a apples to oranges argument, but as a die hard collector, not a salesman, I can tell you, its VERY unappealing and prevents me from buying MOC items at times cause of it.

That out of the way, I have heard more bad than good from collectors and friends reguarding hollywood heros and their practices, I wont get into it because its not my place as Ive not done buisness with you, but from what ive heard from respected friends I can only spread the word to help other friends to search other outlets before dealing with what most can say is full fledged scalping. I do understand this is how some make a living.... but the buy and sell margin of difference.... man...

Im not saying stuff should be free, but no one should have to pay 800 bucks for a 500 dollar item when its purchased at 50 bucks. ThunderCats fans are pretty die hard... much like He-Man fans (that message board has some VERY colorful things to say about Hollywood Heros....) and most of us would take our prides and joys to the grave (My vintage panthro test shot for example, that a LJN employee sold me at a VERY fair price because they knew Id love it and never sell it) so seeing rare pieces being peddled around for greed and value more so than love of collecting kinda rubs most diehard collectors the wrong way off the bat. Again, this is not me attacking, im just explaining the stand point here as you seemed confused why people are ready to jump and rip apart everything being said by you and KennerGirl here. It just comes off wrong in a pretty respected and tight knit community.

Edit : Just saw you mentioned goo-gone........... on a paper card...... oh my goodness....... I did that years ago on one of my silverhawks..... didnt end up too good, makes it soggy over time. Id suggest leaving history alone.

Last edited by Kregermeister; 02-23-2013 at 01:55 PM..