Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #263
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post

I like Cheetara's explanation to Lion-O. It's happened to me. It's happened to lots of people. You think a girl is totally into you and sending out signals, but then it turns out to be nothing (in my case the girl didn't even know she was sending signals). And you wind up feeling like an ass. And you're pissed off for a while. And you don't even want to see the girl anymore.
Lion-O's reaction is completely believable, only he's got the problem of having to see the girl and her new boyfriend on a daily basis. That has got to suck, when you're still trying to get over your own feelings. Still, I like that he at least tried to put on a happy facade for them early in the episode.
So Cheetara is so socially inept she did not see what she was doing?

When you say that Lion-O misread her ‘signals’, let’s not forget, Cheetara’s ‘signals’ were also interpreted by Tygra in the same way. In episode 13 we saw that Tygra had almost accepted that Cheetara had ‘chosen’ Lion-O.

These writers are not at all consistent with characterisation! So please excuse those of us who do not take either this love triangle or the new relationship too seriously.

Quote:
Later on though, when Tygra and Cheetara disapprove of his tactics, he instantly makes it about their relationship. They weren't throwing their relationship in his face, but he couldn't help but see anything but that.
I grant you that. Maybe Lion-O was being too focused on the ‘relationship’ here. However, it’ll be interesting to see if Cheetara always sides with Tygra from now on.

Quote:
And for those that think Cheetara betrayed Lion-O by surrendering, consider this. The mutants threatened to kill Tygra. Lion-O says, "There's still 2 of us!" as though losing Tygra would only be a minor inconvenience. He's still thinking irrationally, and at this point he doesn't deserve Cheetara's loyalty. He betrayed Tygra.
All Cheetara did was send all 3 of them to their deaths that much sooner. Not to mention undermine his leadership in front of the enemy. Lion-O made the only rational decision possible at that moment in the battle which was a no-win situation.

Quote:
At the end of the episode after they've escaped, and Panthro tells them they just need to stick together, notice that Lion-O hangs his head and can't even look at Tygra or Cheetara. He knows what he did. Hehehe.
Maybe he kept his head down in resignation or frustration? After all, his Cleric had just let him down when he needed her the most.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote