TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #51
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
oh you're forgetting something else about hasbro they would have made a very bad cheetara since they (in general) are unable to make proper female figures.

At least the 6'' Cheetara is a wonderful figure and hasbro never made females in this scale the closest they got was the Sigma 6 Scarlett and I saw some prototypes of her and she looked really bad.
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #52
TIGER007
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
You haven't watched the toon yet? What ar eyou waiting for, a personal invitation?
geeee...THANKS for the positive attitude there...

I own the 1st season on DVD..watched most on U TUBE...and yes I was just pointing out that the GREAT I-DOTS up here have no idea what is going on in the WORLD OF ANIMATION !!!...
TIGER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #53
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:

Have you been to TRU lately? Their shelves are full of clearanced Lion-Os and Mumm-Ras.

BTW, you say Mattel would have 13 versions of Lion-O? Then what is Regular 4inch Lion-O, big gauntlet Lion-O, standing still with mini tower Lion-O, bike riding Lion-O, gold Lion-O with armor, 6inch Lion-O, 6inch Classics Lion-O, and 8inch Classics Lion-O?
Werd.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #54
sasuke uchiha
Thunder Kitty
What is going on this whole thing about everything being over! Everybody needs to quit acting like it's lord of the flies!! Bandai is nowhere near being anything like hasbro!! As a matter of fact it always seems like all of bandai assorted crap lingers on shelves forever.Look at power rangers or how long dragonball z stayed around lingering. Thundercats has too many fans young and old to keep it around and thats the truth!! We got too much at first and now everybody is acting spoiled!! They are not going to be shipping out multiple waves like hasbro or mattel, look at the power rangers IT DOESN"T HAPPEN!!!This negativity is ruining this website, as far as the cartoon being over THEY MOVED IT TO SATURDAY MORNING!!!!!!!!!!! I think it being on saturdays proves how popular it is, parents probably were complaining about there kids wanting to stay up on friday nights to watch there new favorite show!! get over it
sasuke uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #55
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I was talking about Mattel's 4" scaled figures. I assumed the rest of that part of my post would have made that clear...
Oh, sorry, I don't care about the 4inch figures. Hasbro is the only company that knows how to do 4inch figures properly.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #56
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippen View Post
oh you're forgetting something else about hasbro they would have made a very bad cheetara since they (in general) are unable to make proper female figures.

At least the 6'' Cheetara is a wonderful figure and hasbro never made females in this scale the closest they got was the Sigma 6 Scarlett and I saw some prototypes of her and she looked really bad.
I think it's more that they tend to stick away from doing many female characters. When they do, I don't think they're any worse than the male characters they do. Then again I don't exactly have a positive opinion about their figures (see below). Also, if I'm not mistaken, Hasbro has actually made several female characters in the 6" scale.

Quote:
Oh, sorry, I don't care about the 4inch figures. Hasbro is the only company that knows how to do 4inch figures properly.
I personally don't think Hasbro does their 4inch figures properly. I can appreciate a toy company adding plenty of articulation to an action figure, but the kind of joints Hasbro tends to use make the figures really fiddly and tend to ruin the look of the figure itself. Might sound like blasphemy to some, but I'd rather have a good looking, well sculpted figure with five POA, than one that looks like absolute shit and has sixteen POA. Also add in some nostalgia, as I had several Kenner and similarly styled figures growing up, and can't help but love figures like that.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 04-10-2012 at 11:12 AM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #57
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
I personally think that Mattel would have made some pretty cool figures, but after this sudden shut down of the YJ figures and the end of the DC Universe figures makes me think that mattel would have had about the same sort of luck. They probably offered out some sort of online deal with the classics and made something like the YJ line for the modern figures with $9 price tag and higher for the classics. I am sorry but Mattel needs to get their head around more kid friendly toys with lower costs and a few more joints that made them more like an action figure and not a plastic statue that is movable. These Bandai figures are better than they could be, we could gotten all 4 inch figures with their minimal joints and no classic figures what so ever. I would rather have the 4 inch figures for the kids at a $7 and the 6 inch figures for the collectors and I have all 6 inch and most 4 inch figs. I think these are pretty good and the designs are looking better as the new waves come out taking into account the Cheetara and Tygra. The best in the line so far.
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #58
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I dont know, i was a tru today and even the tower of omens is there for less than 30 dollars and belive me im waiting for it to crash further.

I was only ever interested in claudus from wave 2 and I got it.

So wave 1 is on clearance, wave 2 is nowhere to be found and it seems weve found the uber rare item in the storm charger.

I hate to say it but i think the line died. I didint want it to I thought it had promise.
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #59
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I personally don't think Hasbro does their 4inch figures properly. I can appreciate a toy company adding plenty of articulation to an action figure, but the kind of joints Hasbro tends to use make the figures really fiddly and tend to ruin the look of the figure itself. Might sound like blasphemy to some, but I'd rather have a good looking, well sculpted figure with five POA, than one that looks like absolute shit and has sixteen POA. Also add in some nostalgia, as I had several Kenner and similarly styled figures growing up, and can't help but love figures like that.
Uh... have you seen their recent GI Joe figures?

How can you not think that looks amazing?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #60
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
How can you not think that looks amazing?
It's called differing opinions. You like what you like, and I like what I like. Please stop trying to force your opinion onto me and let's get back to the thread's original topic...

The over-all consensus is that the line has sold well so far, so I'm confident that there will be at least one more wave before we either see it end entirely or moved to a different toy company. If we don't get any kind of news whatsoever at or before SDCC, then I'll start to panic.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #61
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I agree. I think the line will continue. Rumor is ratings for the cartoon have been good on Saturday mornings.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #62
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
I agree Hasbro's 4" figures have been pretty amazing as of late. Only other company that I can think of on par with them is Mezco on those rare occasions when they venture into the 4" scale.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #63
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It's called differing opinions. You like what you like, and I like what I like. Please stop trying to force your opinion onto me and let's get back to the thread's original topic...
I'm not trying to force my opinion on your, it's called sarcasm. You should look it up sometime because it seems to be lost in the world of text.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #64
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I have a few more thoughts:

I went back and read Amanda Burns' interview with figures.com when Wave 2 was hitting stores. In that interview, she heavily hints at the Armor of Plundarr and says it will be arriving near the end of 2012.

Now, this is just conjecture, but most likely Wave 2 was produced well before the cartoon even aired, in order to get it all made and shipped and on shelves all the way back in December when it first started popping up.

Most likely, Wave 3 was being considered back then but not given the go-ahead until toy sales and cartoon ratings were in for the first 13 episodes. Again, if you go back to previous interviews with Bandai employees, they stated that toy sales were good. Most likely in late Fall last year, the approval was given for the go-ahead with production of Wave 3. I don't know how long these things usually take, but it seems to make sense why Burns said to expect the toys late 2012.

We may not see anything for a while yet, but I expect when we do (sometime this summer) it will be worth the wait.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #65
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycp View Post
I have a few more thoughts:

I went back and read Amanda Burns' interview with figures.com when Wave 2 was hitting stores. In that interview, she heavily hints at the Armor of Plundarr and says it will be arriving near the end of 2012.

Now, this is just conjecture, but most likely Wave 2 was produced well before the cartoon even aired, in order to get it all made and shipped and on shelves all the way back in December when it first started popping up.

Most likely, Wave 3 was being considered back then but not given the go-ahead until toy sales and cartoon ratings were in for the first 13 episodes. Again, if you go back to previous interviews with Bandai employees, they stated that toy sales were good. Most likely in late Fall last year, the approval was given for the go-ahead with production of Wave 3. I don't know how long these things usually take, but it seems to make sense why Burns said to expect the toys late 2012.

We may not see anything for a while yet, but I expect when we do (sometime this summer) it will be worth the wait.
Hopefully, but I will be disappointed if we only get Wily Kat and Kit in 6" scale. I'm hoping for a few villains in the next wave of 6" figures plus some more classics. I hope bandai gives the 6" figures more attention now because they have released so much for the 4" scale with nearly every character available. I know the 6" line is more for collectors but I do think that kids probably like them too. I know that when I was a kid I found larger and more detailed figures a lot more appealing.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #66
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
This show and the toys are far from over. In fact, they are just getting started. The show is getting better and better!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #67
sasuke uchiha
Thunder Kitty
agree with everything you've posted
sasuke uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #68
Silverhawk
Thunder Kitty
just left the local walmart, and the 8" classics that were on clearance for $8.50 are now on "clearance" for $13.00. ? and the modern 6" for $11.00. I don't think I'm going to see the 6" tygra.

Last edited by Silverhawk; 04-18-2012 at 10:54 PM..
Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #69
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
My Walmart recently restocked and has all wave 1 and 6" figures except for Tygra. A bunch of Vehicles, Tons of Swords and Gauntlets, 6 Armor of Omens, lots of Thundertanks and Towers. Nothing is on clearance here. Saddle Brook, NJ (one of the smaller size WMs)

I haven't seen anything new at Toys-r-Us since Christmas.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #70
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I've pretty much stopped checking TRU. The last "newer" items they got were the Armor of Omens and mini Tcats, and that was a heck of a while back.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #71
Mummra
Thunder Kitty
Just got back from TRU in Columbus. Surprised to see Tiger Flyer on shelf so I picked it up. When I went to check out the toy wasn't even registered in the system. So it looks like TRU just got em. Good news?

Last edited by Mummra; 04-27-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Mummra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #72
jabus
Thunder Kitty
^ They've been showing up at TRU for a bit. Got one there before they went on clearance (Grr) and it wasn't in the system.
jabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #73
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
Quote:
This show and the toys are far from over. In fact, they are just getting started. The show is getting better and better!
Totally agree...the ratings have doubled! Everyone just needs to keep tuning in and supporting the show.
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #74
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
SDCC July 11
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #75
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcphoto View Post
SDCC July 11
I bet they announce the wave 3 toys before then. I only say this because in the past they did an online announcement. Then I bet at SDCC they have the toys on display.

I am hoping we get an announcement by the end of May or early June at the latest.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #76
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcphoto View Post
SDCC July 11
If they are planning another wave, and they don't reveal them until then, something is wrong.

We had new figures hit in Sept and then in Jan. If they make us wait until Oct, there is a big problem and they need to look at that when they decide on whether or not the line should be cancelled. You cannot take 11 months to release new toys. You have to do it every quarter or your audience loses interest.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #77
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
I've pretty much stopped checking TRU. The last "newer" items they got were the Armor of Omens and mini Tcats, and that was a heck of a while back.
My TRU has the Armor on clearance for $10.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #78
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Wave 3 (if it happens) needs to have more than 2 new characters in it if this project is going to work.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #79
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
You cannot take 11 months to release new toys. You have to do it every quarter or your audience loses interest.
True sir, true.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #80
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Wave 3 (if it happens) needs to have more than 2 new characters in it if this project is going to work.
Definitely
Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #81
Ickzer1
Thunder Kitty
Stuffs on clearance here too. This is the same way the Generator Rex line died last year. Damn CN toy lines.
Ickzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #82
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
I totally agree. To me this is like the recently announced cancellation of Young Justice. Instead of having two variants of an existing character in each wave and instead getting a unique character, we'd have more figures on our shelves. Like the recent wave 2 with the updated Lion-O and Panthro, they could have given us Jaga and maybe Driller or someone..just throwing names out there.

Then again this isn't anything new as Bandai did this with Teen Titans also which was a line I collected as well. So I just hope as I'm sure most us here hope that new figures are on the way.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #83
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I really have a gut feeling we hear something in the next month, by the end of May. I think they will announce Wave 3 at the end of the cartoon's season and use that momentum to carry through the announcement. I think their biggest mistake was announcing Wave 2 too early. We still haven't even seen Gold Lion-O yet, my guess is he will appear in the season 1 finale.

Heck, for all we know Slithe smashes a barrel in the season 1 finale. And then it all makes sense...

wait, not I still don't get it.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #84
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
I am baffled as to why some people think that Bandai announced wave 2 too early. It wasn't early, it was right as scheduled. They announced that the toys would hit right around the end of the year (2011) and carry into spring. That's exactly what happened. Unfortunately not in the quantities we would have liked since many have never seen a Claudus or Tygra in an actual store. It was up to Bandai to give new info on Wave 3 at the Toy Fair in Feb. 2012 and those toys would have been popping up around the end of May/early summer. Then Wave 4 would come out in September/October for Christmas season. But as we know that hasn't happened. If they do announce at ComicCon I will be thrilled but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #85
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
I am baffled as to why some people think that Bandai announced wave 2 too early. It wasn't early, it was right as scheduled. They announced that the toys would hit right around the end of the year (2011) and carry into spring. That's exactly what happened. Unfortunately not in the quantities we would have liked since many have never seen a Claudus or Tygra in an actual store. It was up to Bandai to give new info on Wave 3 at the Toy Fair in Feb. 2012 and those toys would have been popping up around the end of May/early summer. Then Wave 4 would come out in September/October for Christmas season. But as we know that hasn't happened. If they do announce at ComicCon I will be thrilled but I'm not getting my hopes up.
It's called an opinion.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #86
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Went by Walmart yesterday (the only local Walmart that got a few Wave 2 figures a couple of months ago). It is a barren wasteland... There were 3 Thundertanks, 4 Thunder racers, and 3 6" Mummras. This is getting depressing...

No new shipments, no 6" Tygra or Tyger Flyer, and what IS available just seems to hang on the peg week after week. I'm going to keep an eye on those 3 6" Mummras and see if they go on clearance.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #87
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Sounds allot like the walmart by my work. They have a couple 4" at full price, 4 or 5 6" for $11 and also Thundertanks. Oddly enough, the walmart closer to my home is pretty much fully stocked (no claudus) with nothing on clearance. Go figure...
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #88
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
All the Stores are starting to clearance their thundercats stuff, as are many online retailers.

I've already seen a lot of Thundercats stuff showing up at Ross Stores as well, inluding the Thundertank (which I still refuse to buy)

I am more than sure the line as a whole is Finished. Mostly it's due to sales.

Now, let the crying commence.
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #89
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Where's the DON'T Like button???
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #90
Jlogano20
Thunder Kitty
im just glad that if they are dont at least we got a full hero team in 4 inch
unlike the young justice toys
Jlogano20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #91
evilanimation
Thunder Kitty
Agree^ as for the Thundertank showing up at Ross which I have not come across, it was 8.99 on amazon at Christmas. Can not imagine it will be any lower than that.
evilanimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #92
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Anyone else like the idea of a Ratar-o figure?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #93
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Oh yes.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #94
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I would probably buy a 4" Ratar-o even though he isnt exactly one of my favorites...
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #95
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Oh, most definitely. We needs more villains for them 'cats to whup on.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #96
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
After the start of this round of episodes there are a good number of characters that would make a great wave or two of figures.

Pumyra
Ratar-O
Atticus
Kaynar

of course we still need a Jaga, Robear Bill, Lynx-O, the Duelist and a few others but man, I hope we get some more figures.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #97
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
if RoBear Bill can transform into one of those little bouncy balls I'm totally buying him.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #98
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I really have a good feeling we will get an announcement about wave 3 at the end of May, the same week as the season 1 finale.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #99
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I really have a good feeling we will get an announcement about wave 3 at the end of May, the same week as the season 1 finale.
Assuming there aren't any breaks between episodes, the final episode of season one won't air till June sixteenth. The season is twenty-six episodes long.

As cool as it would be to get some announcements by the end of the month, I'm not counting on it. The further along we get, the more I think we might actually have to wait till SDCC to get any news from Bandai...
Old 05-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #100
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
if RoBear Bill can transform into one of those little bouncy balls I'm totally buying him.
Yeah for sure. It's funny if my son sees that in my office he'll want one because he'll say Daddy can i have your bakugan ball? If they do make one I'll definitely get him one too.