TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 02-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Silverhawk
Thunder Kitty
Has anyone found 6" Tygra at retail?
Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Mongor
You got red on you.
The 6" Tygra is only an Urban Legend.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I haven't seen him, or Cheetara, or any of the w2 3-3/4" scaled figures for that matter. If I'm not mistaken, he has been spotted, but is much harder to find than Cheetara. Once the wave hits saturation I doubt it'll be too difficult to find one.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
I have Cheetara, have seen the w2 3 3/4 figures three times over at my local walfart. Need Tygra but not willing to spend Scalper prices for him.
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
si3ge
Thunder Kitty
I have only seen the Armor of Omens and the new 6" mumm-ra and Lion-o.
I really want Tygra and Cheetara but have not seen them in any of my stores either.
si3ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Silverhawk
Thunder Kitty
I called the local Walmarts and one of the dept. managers told me that Thundercats did NOT do well at all as far as selling product. She said Walmart bought into the line thinking it would do well but it did not. The local store has everything from the first way of toys as well as the w2 3 3/4" figures, 6" classics, armor of omens, etc. But no Tygra. I think I was the only one to buy the 8" classics and 6" modern figs. And no other products have moved. The pegs are overflowing with figs. So they may not get anything new. Maybe the line really is in trouble.
Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
I don't know where you are but here in NJ the Walmarts only have Wave 1 leftovers, Sword of Omens, Thundertanks and the crappy playset. All the other stuff moves pretty quickly. I bought the Tygra from an eBay store. I got Tygra and Cheetara as a set for $30 plus shipping. It saved me tons of time and gas after having scoured stores for 2 weeks and finding nothing. You may want to consider this if you're tired of waiting. I only see a Tygra and Lion-O set available now though.

eBay My World - enchantedtoychest
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
Has anyone found 6" Tygra or deluxe Slithe yet???
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
VictoryLiger
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
I don't know where you are but here in NJ the Walmarts only have Wave 1 leftovers, Sword of Omens, Thundertanks and the crappy playset. All the other stuff moves pretty quickly. I bought the Tygra from an eBay store. I got Tygra and Cheetara as a set for $30 plus shipping. It saved me tons of time and gas after having scoured stores for 2 weeks and finding nothing. You may want to consider this if you're tired of waiting. I only see a Tygra and Lion-O set available now though.

eBay My World - enchantedtoychest
I ordered that set last week and just got it today. I already had Lion-O, but wanted to get a new one. The sword from my first one was bent pretty badly out of package and would never straighten out no matter what trick I used. In fact, it got worse until it was almost a "C" shape. Thankfully, the one from this set wasn't bent up at all. Tygra is pretty awesome as well. I think he is the best of the 6" figures. I've been very nervous about this line since Toy Fair and have a feeling in my gut that it's not long for store shelves. If you get a chance to get this figure in stores or online, do it quick.
VictoryLiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
I got tired of spending $40 in gas so I just bought the entire set of figures off Big Bad Toys. Not cheap, but my mind was getting out of control with fear I would never find him especially with the way Target and Wal mart are putting them on clearance. I will just take the Cheetara, Lion-o and Other Tygra and customize them.
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
I tried to e-mail Bandai to see if they could give me any info at all. It's highly unlikely, but worth a shot.
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcphoto View Post
I tried to e-mail Bandai to see if they could give me any info at all. It's highly unlikely, but worth a shot.
I've been trying to email them for a while now, but every time I try I get an error message... Even if I am able to get one through, I wouldn't expect much beyond their usual responses to questions. Still, it's worth a try. They do occasionally give out real answers. It's rare, but it happens.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
Robear Coll
Thunder Kitty
If the worst happens (I REALLLY hope it doesn't) and Bandai gets the Thundercats licensed revoked by WB and the wave 2 that was supposed to contain Tygra never actually hits stores, what will he be worth as a figure in the package? Wouldn't he be the figure that was never released really except a few on enchanted toychest? I'd imagine he'd be a hot ticket if that is the case and Bandai shuts down all production.
Robear Coll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #14
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robear Coll View Post
If the worst happens (I REALLLY hope it doesn't) and Bandai gets the Thundercats licensed revoked by WB and the wave 2 that was supposed to contain Tygra never actually hits stores, what will he be worth as a figure in the package? Wouldn't he be the figure that was never released really except a few on enchanted toychest? I'd imagine he'd be a hot ticket if that is the case and Bandai shuts down all production.
Imagine what a first/test shot of the figure would be worth ;o)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1376.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	1053
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
Robear Coll
Thunder Kitty
I imagine the test prototype open and the sealed 6" Tygra in box would both be worth a hefty sum of cash on ebay if Tygra never makes it to shelves. Kind of like the "mad bubbler" of the new show
Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I imagine the test prototype open and the sealed 6" Tygra in box would both be worth a hefty sum of cash on ebay if Tygra never makes it to shelves. Kind of like the "mad bubbler" of the new show
I will not hope for a toy line to die and that figure to never be released...
I will NOT hope for a toy line to die and that figure to never be released...
Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
Robear Coll
Thunder Kitty
Dude you and me both brother... I may have my issues with Bandai's line(and there are more than one let me tell you) but I'll be very peeved/sad if the line gets canceled. Out of respect for the fans if that is the case the least they can do is release Tygra 6" and make the wily twins so us collectors can at least complete the 6" team. It'd be cruel not to.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Dude you and me both brother... I may have my issues with Bandai's line(and there are more than one let me tell you) but I'll be very peeved/sad if the line gets canceled. Out of respect for the fans if that is the case the least they can do is release Tygra 6" and make the wily twins so us collectors can at least complete the 6" team. It'd be cruel not to.
Yap totally agree specially the twins in my case since I have Tygra already and I think he will pop up sooner or later just retailers are being lazy. Maybe include a more articulated Snarf with the twins also but lets see
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #19
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I have the 6" Cheetara along with some of the wave 2 4" figures however there has been no sight of Tygra. I don't believe it has actually been released yet.

None of the WalMarts here have restocked since they got their first initial shipment of wave 2 stuff so hopefully he'll be in the next shipment. It's one of the figures I am most excited about.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
I have the 6" Cheetara along with some of the wave 2 4" figures however there has been no sight of Tygra. I don't believe it has actually been released yet.

None of the WalMarts here have restocked since they got their first initial shipment of wave 2 stuff so hopefully he'll be in the next shipment. It's one of the figures I am most excited about.
I got mine on ebay even bought an extra Cheetara just because of him and glad I did it because its hard to get. The seller was selling him first with Lion.O later with Cheetara. Probably he is no longer available it took sometime to show up again in their store.
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #21
Mongor
You got red on you.
The seller just had them 2 days ago. 6 sold w/Lion-O and 6 sold w/Cheetara. This was about a month between their last listings of Tygra. He'll be back again. I also think it's just a matter of time before he pops up more frequently.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #22
Mongor
You got red on you.
Here's another seller with 6. A bit pricey though. I'll wait.

ebay.com/itm/Thundercats-2011-6-inch-Deluxe-Tygra-NEW-/110856033850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cf88 d63a
Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #23
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
Here's another seller with 6. A bit pricey though. I'll wait.

ebay.com/itm/Thundercats-2011-6-inch-Deluxe-Tygra-NEW-/110856033850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cf88 d63a
Funny, I was coming here to report the same auction. Too pricey for me as well. I just checked my local Wal-Mart and TRU. Nothing good. TRU is all still on clearance and they look like they have exactly the same stock as a week ago. No movement. Wal-Mart has very little change. About half was on clearance.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #24
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
Funny, I was coming here to report the same auction. Too pricey for me as well. I just checked my local Wal-Mart and TRU. Nothing good. TRU is all still on clearance and they look like they have exactly the same stock as a week ago. No movement. Wal-Mart has very little change. About half was on clearance.
That's what I like about here. People looking out for each other. At least some of us.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #25
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
All 6 sold within 5 hours at $29.99 + shipping... dang.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #26
Mongor
You got red on you.
$37.94 a Tygra total. Ummmm......no. In the next few weeks he'll be everywhere.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #27
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
$37.94 a Tygra total. Ummmm......no. In the next few weeks he'll be everywhere.
I hope so. There's always the chance though that just a few cases were released before the line was discontinued and we just haven't heard about it yet...

I won't pay more than $20 total for a Tygra until I read that the line is cancelled. Wal-Mart has the wave 1 6" figures for $11 each right now. Crazy.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #28
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Either I get him for the normal retail price or I do not get him at all. If the line is cancelled, and the show is cancelled, then I have no need to own Tygra. Paying twice as much for him is not worth it.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #29
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Trust me, he's out there, just his wave got held up cause of the shipping fiasco cause most stores canceled their orders, so he wasnt shipped.

Im SURE you'll see plenty of him in discount stores soon, like bandai does with ben10 and Power rangers that went unsold. Anyone spending 40 bucks is gunna feel like a moron when their 4.99.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #30
frodo
certified 80's kid
got cheetara still hoping for a tygra to pop up soon
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #31
destiny13777
Thunder Kitty
Didn't know he was that rare, maybe you should check your local comicbook stores. For anyone who may live in New York, they had like 2 last time I went to Forbidden Planet.
destiny13777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #32
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
All 6 sold within 5 hours at $29.99 + shipping... dang.
1 of the 6 right here.

RedisPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #33
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Awesome isn't it? easily their best 6" figure to date
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #34
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
And probably their last!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #35
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Tygra's a decent fgure, limited in some ways. I give props to Bandai on three scores with the 6 inch line.:

1. Articulation

2. Sculpts

3. SCALE, excluding Mumm-ra's figure, it's perfect to the actual accuracy for each character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
And probably their last!
That's just like tossing the Spirit Stone over your right shoulder. Be patient and wait for the results in the coming months.

Last edited by RedisPower; 04-11-2012 at 06:21 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #36
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedisPower View Post
That's just like tossing the Spirit Stone over your right shoulder. Be patient and wait for the results in the coming months.
Bandai is notorious for dropping lines of good cartoons because they dont know what to do with them. Remember Avatar the last airbender......?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
Bandai is notorious for dropping lines of good cartoons because they dont know what to do with them. Remember Avatar the last airbender......?
The James Cameron film?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #38
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
The James Cameron film?
No, thats why I wrote the last airbender.

Avatar was HOT, and Bandai didnt think the girls were gunna sell, so they didnt make them, and the rest of the series was canned and a few of wave 3 slipped out in Hong Kong. They really botched bad.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #39
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
No, thats why I wrote the last airbender.

Avatar was HOT, and Bandai didnt think the girls were gunna sell, so they didnt make them, and the rest of the series was canned and a few of wave 3 slipped out in Hong Kong. They really botched bad.
I had no idea that Bandai produced Avatar toys based off of the cartoon series.
You must be thinking Mattel.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #40
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Was that Mattel? I could swear it was bandai...? If not, then there was another line bandai royally screwed up and im mixing both. Cause I remember calling Bandai and speaking to a rep about something that was cut....? Eeek!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #41
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
Was that Mattel? I could swear it was bandai...? If not, then there was another line bandai royally screwed up and im mixing both. Cause I remember calling Bandai and speaking to a rep about something that was cut....? Eeek!
The only canned series that comes to my mind is, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.
Shame too.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #42
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
The only canned series that comes to my mind is, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.
Shame too.
Well that and MMPR re-release. Even though small series 2 was liquidated and rare as hell to find a white ranger.

But yeah Dragon Knight toys looked awesome, didnt buy em but looked really nice for small scale!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #43
Robear Coll
Thunder Kitty
Do you think it's possible that wave 2 is getting liquified for Thundercats and the bandai line is over (( That would make Tygra nearly impossible to find
Old 04-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #44
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
Do you think it's possible that wave 2 is getting liquified for Thundercats and the bandai line is over (( That would make Tygra nearly impossible to find
Until Bandai headlines TNI with the title, "Bandai Thundercats Toyline Canceled", I wont believe crap.
The line is still alive and is selling pretty well in my location. Plus, we just got Wave Two (4 inch) in not too long ago; and I bought them all on sight, especially the new face sculpts of both Tygra and Cheetara.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #45
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Yeah, it was Mattel. I got into the show late and went looking for toys... much to my disappointment. They are still on my list, but their price has pushed them down the list quite a bit. Although, with the new show The Legend of Korra starting this Saturday, there might be a renewed interest in them and their price may go up... maybe I should try and get them sooner than later... hmm.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #46
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
And probably their last!
I hope not I hope we at least get the kids.

Here is a cool group shot someone posted on Fwoosh

Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #47
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Get it while you can

Thundercats 2011 6" Collector Figure Series 02 - Case Assortment 'C' of 4 Figures - Thundercats (2011) Figures
Old 04-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #48
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks a million for posting the link. I was able to place my order just in time. They are SOLD OUT now. Good lookin' out Tracer!
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #49
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
I can't believe I missed it! Gah!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #50
77kustoms
Kustom Kreator
Back up....only by case!
Thundercats (2011) Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles
77kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote