TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I've been thinking lately about all these cancellation rumors. It seems that whenever people involved in the show comment, we get the "watch the show, buy the toys" comment. I agree, however, it seem the people involved with the show do very little to promote it. The exception being Dan Norten, who I think is doing all he can.

Why do I never see commercials for?
Why doesn't Cartoon Network hardly update their facebook or twitter?
Why doesn't Bandai America update their facebook more often?
Why was the toy distribution so bad?
Why is the Crew of Omens blog hardly update?

It seems to me if these people support the show as much as we do, they'd do more. Just saying.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Well the PR department is different from the production Crew. That's why you see guys like Dan and Matt trying to say good things about the show and showing pictures and stuff. They have no control over what commercials CN airs, so they do what they can.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
I totally agree with you. From an advertising standpoint, more can definitely be done. It takes seconds to update a Facebook or Twitter status and a bit longer to update webpages. I honestly get the impression that whoever is in charge of the marketing campaign does not fully understand the immense opportunity and potential this line has. I could be wrong, but really don't think I am. I wouldn't expect (although it would be very nice) to have hardcore seasoned super-fans in charge of the branding, but some background knowledge of ThunderCats should be a must. Online, I watch a few of these "professional reps" talk about the upcoming video game and the past toy launches at conventions, and they stutter over their own words. They have no idea what they are talking about. Do they even care? Issues like that really get to me. When I see Matt, Will or Dan promoting the show, I get fired up because their passion just oozes out. You can tell that they are incredibly proud of their work and they are excited about it. That is what you need for success and I applaud them for all of their hard work. It is definitely paying off and makes me, not only as a huge fan, but a consumer, want to support this show any way I can...and I do!

As far as negative forum posts, I honestly don't pay attention. It's all just worrisome speculation and hearsay that spark the rumor mill. Factual news and updates about the show and toy line and what interests me. Bottom line for me, I enjoy the show and figures. I honestly believe that the vast majority of the audience does as well. Since moving to the Saturday time slot the ratings have doubled. All we need to see now are a few toy commercial spots. One during the show and possibly one in the show before or after. Whether it is CN, WB or Bandai, awareness is the key. That is marketing 101. Kids especially, need to see something visually stimulating. They see it, they just might want it.

Anyways, that's my rant. Feels good to get that off of my chest.
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
xander88
Thunder Kitty
That's the trouble with having promoters who aren't fans and know nothing about the show, if they don't care about the show then they don't have the incentive to promote it, which sucks. There is no reason why this show wouldn't be popular if enough people knew about it.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote