TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 09-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
I know artwork and designs pop up from time to time for all kinds of things. I don't think I have ever come across what the packaging for the Mad Bubbler figure was going to look like. Has anyone ever seen it? or come across it? I know Hollywood Heroes always auctions off artwork from the LJN line, was that ever something they may have auctioned off??? I am just curious, because the size of the figure would have called for an interesting packaging unless it would have just been put on a card semi awkwardly, like the Berserkers. Just curious. Anyone have any info?
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
When i collected original LJN art and prototypes i never saw any box art for that character. I think the Bubbler was cancelled from full production before they could work out box art. The never used box art for the Astral Moat Monster probably shows clues to how Bubbler packaging might have been.
Maybe give the Toy Hunter an email jordan@hollywoodheroes.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AstralMoatMonsterProtoBox1a.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1884
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
yea that probably is a good hint as to how it would it have been. it would make sense
Old 09-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
thetoylegend
Thundercats Ho'
there is astral monster box i own it and its an original box bt yes there never was a box or mad bubbler made but i did score a nice mad bubbler just like the prototype from a guy here best mad bubbler custom ive ever seen
thetoylegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
yeah, its just a shame the art work or some kind of early designs for the Mad Bubbler packaging never surfaced or was even created. Would have been interesting. I definitely think LiarDicefilms is on the right track on how the packaging probably would have been. oh well, just one more question to hopefully have one day answered. and have a pic thetoylegend?? would love to check it out. i love customs.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoylegend View Post
there is astral monster box i own it and its an original box
You have the alternative Astral box shown in the pic above? Im sure the forum would love to see photos if thats possible
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote