TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 03-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I hate waiting! I'm hoping with the cartoon starting back up soon, they announce something.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Have some patience. We'll get news eventually. I'm not counting on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got toy news within a month of the show continuing to air new episodes. Chances are the next wave has some big spoilers that WB doesn't want Bandai ruining. We'll just have to wait and see.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
One can hope. I cannot recall when they announced the 6 inch classics, and the new 4 inch sets. I really hope we get something with the new cartoon.
I am so getting involved in the digital comic, I do not care if I have to pay for it or now.
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Looking back at the wave 2 reveals, we got our first news from BBTS just over a week before the show came back from it's first gap, but we didn't get our first official news till about three and a half weeks after that (little over a week and a half after the Berbil episode aired).

Meaning that assuming BBTS doesn't put up any revealing listings, and that Bandai is able to, we could very well get wave 3 news sometime within the next three weeks.

The next big convention is SDCC, which doesn't happen till July twelfth. It would suck, but Bandai could be waiting till then to reveal the next wave of stuff. If they do reveal stuff before then, I sorta hope it's just written information rather than pictures. That way we can get info to tide us over, but then they could still have new stuff to show-off at SDCC.

It would be a much better option for both parties, imho. Rather than making SDCC a repeat of Toy Fair, where they revealed everything too early, and had nothing new to show at the convention.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Well, maybe a few more weeks then? Hopefully...
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
I highly doubt they will be continuing this line. Everything is on clearance.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I highly doubt they'll discontinue it any time soon. We already know for a fact they have figures in the works that they haven't shown yet because they've talked about the Armor of Omens and 6" Twins in interviews. None of it is on clearance where I live.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #8
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I highly doubt they'll discontinue it any time soon. We already know for a fact they have figures in the works that they haven't shown yet because they've talked about the Armor of Omens and 6" Twins in interviews. None of it is on clearance where I live.
Great point Balgus82, though I think you mean Armor of Plundarr (been there, thinking of one thing, say/type something else). They've also mentioned that for the 6" scaled Modern figures there would be variations on characters that have already been made. Much like the v2's of Lion-O and Panthro in wave 2 of the 4" scaled figures.

The line isn't dead yet, and there isn't any real indication of it going away any time soon. Patience people, patience...
Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Do I want the line to die? No way. I want it to trump MOTUC! I want he-man to run away licking his wounds, however near me, and alot of other stuff ive read, TCats has been clearanced or discontinued fully in stores. Stores have even patched up holes where the figures once where, plus with bandais crappy attitude who knows.

Prayin to Jaga for the best though!
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
I'm not very optimistic at this point either. I hope I can find a Slithe before it totally collapses.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
I'm not very optimistic at this point either. I hope I can find a Slithe before it totally collapses.
SMH.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Don't worry, this line isn't going anywhere. Sales appear to be great. I know people are freaking because they see Thundercats on clearance, but that doesn't mean overall sales are bad. Here in Indianapolis they can barely keep them on the shelves. Items such as the Armor of Omens tend to sit on the shelves, but that has limited appeal and a large price tag. Claudus is nearly impossible to find. I will say that Bandai might take Wave 1 and Wave 2 as lessons learned. If they make a good sought after figure (Claudus) and not drown us with subpar figures (Deluxe Lion-O) then the line stands a good chance. I mean, can you imagine what a Jaga figure would do! I just don't want 10 different versions of Lion-O. They need to take a chance and give us some other figures, like Berbils, Snarf, Slithe, Thundarian Warrior.

I will say this as my final thought: most likely a lot of figures in Wave 3 haven't appeared on the show yet, but over season 2 we will see them. It may not even be a "spoiler issue" but more just getting the fans familiar with these characters before they tell us it will be a toy.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Oh, and one more thought. Personally, I think most of the Deluxe figures suck (but yeah, being a collector I bought them anyway). The best Deluxe figure is Grune. However, imagine this instead of what we got:

Deluxe Lion-O (Lion-o figure with Snarf)
Deluxe Tygra (Tygra on Thundarian horse animal)
Deluxe Panthro (Panthro with Robear Bill)

You get the idea. I want a highly articulated figure with extras!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:29 AM   #14
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycp View Post
Oh, and one more thought. Personally, I think most of the Deluxe figures suck (but yeah, being a collector I bought them anyway). The best Deluxe figure is Grune. However, imagine this instead of what we got:

Deluxe Lion-O (Lion-o figure with Snarf)
Deluxe Tygra (Tygra on Thundarian horse animal)
Deluxe Panthro (Panthro with Robear Bill)

You get the idea. I want a highly articulated figure with extras!
This is a great idea and I wish they would go that route.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #15
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
I really hope this delay in the release of new figures is a move to get a whole new wave out to the stores with all new figures, no Tygra and Cheetara and Lion-o re-releases. I hope this hiatus is a push to get 4 brand new 6 inch figures, like Kit and Kat together with their boards, Slithe, Grune, Atticus and/or Kaynar. I would so buy two box sets of those 6 inch figures.
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I just think that we should start hearing something in the next month or so. I would say by mid- to end of May if we don't hear something, then I think the worrying is justified.