TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 02-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #5851
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
And together they will rule the universe and destroy all oppositions along the way, making the ultimate duo
But then in the universes darkest hour, came a savior, he knew well his uncles evil and using the power of the Star of Thundera he defeated the Dark Lord known as Snarf. That hero is named... Snarfer!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #5852
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Tired of Mummra being an embarassing failure, Ma-mutt betrays Mummra and swears his allegiance to Snarf.
Now that is funny.

mummra is cramping ma-mutt's style.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #5853
L08e16o
Quote:
agreed.

L/C already being developed for 13 Episodes, they will not waste another 13 or less episodes to develop something similar with L/P, Pummyra will be something like a "guess star" of the show, not on the same level as Cheetara (story and character level of importance too, cheetara already has the spot as Lion-O's closest support), thus if Pumyra is attracted to Lion-O it will be just a plot device, to help L/C inthe L/C/T triangle like I mentioned way back.

T/P can be developed as Tygra does not have any proper romantic developments yet, thus saving Tygra from a "Rush Job".

In any case "Legacy" and Ep1-13 have shown that the romance is always being tied to Leo/Lion-o and the story not Tygra and the story. Panthera was the A-Female character in legacy not B-Female character, thus Lion-O/Cheetara will always be the crew's focus, Pumyra is a B-female character the same level as Tygra, thus the subship T/P.

Agreed.

They might throw in another triangle.

Unless Snarf claims his harem.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #5854
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
[QUOTE=L08e16o;33719]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post

Looks like the brohters are stuck with themselves.
and mummra
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #5855
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Another old Interview bits, I found interesting:

http://www.geektress.com/2011/03/thundercats_2011.php

Are you scared of ThunderCats fan backlash?

Yes! Definitely! ThunderCat fans are very passionate. I worry all the time. I go to message boards and see what lines I can't cross, because they will tell me. We do change the mythology a little bit, and I'm a little worried that we will make some people upset. Hopefully they understand we're trying to be respectful.

What was the creative process like for ThunderCats?

ThunderCats has got like, 150 episodes. It's impossible to watch every -- well, it's not impossible, but I would have to devote like a year of my life to watching every single episode. You try to find the iconic episodes, the fan's favorite episodes, and watch those. I'm all about the iconic stuff. So the secondary characters won't make it in to an episode right off the bat, I want to focus on Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit and WilyKat, Snarf, Mumm-Ra. Once we build that world with those characters, then that's when we can go back and look at whether it's time to put in Lynx-O or Pumyra -- some of those more obscure characters.

The best thing I find for understanding what clicks about a character is usually going to the fan boards and seeing them argue over characters. People go crazy over that stuff. That's where I usually see what the hardcore fanbase is into. Sometimes I check the fan pages a little too late for my own good, and find out "OH! I shouldn't have done that."

================================================== =

So The crew did not like fan backlash, and right now they have done both L/C and T/C fan a disservice like strombringer said, by doing this crazy 180 sift out of thin air with T/C. If they are smart they will continue building L/C, otherwise tons of the promises and interviews were all lies to L/C fans like hollowheart said too way back, that will make their reputation bad too, making them full of BS.

Looks like Pumyra is a B-list character afterall. Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara are the three main focuses, The triangle can still be very long indeed, as WB bosses that wanting it too. Since this is a Lion-O story not Tygra, L/C will always be their main focus, like what they have done the past 13EPs in the triangle.

Old interview, before the premiere (but they have practically finished 26 episodes of season 1, like they said too before the premiere) but it cleary shows the crews MO, wanted to make as much fans happy as possible and the are carefull with Tcats. Clearly Bad critics about T/C are everywhere (crew's facebook, crewblogs,twitter, etc) including some the T/C fans themselves. Since story wise, this T/C thing were not being written properly.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-09-2012 at 02:07 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #5856
Balgus82
1. That interview was before the series premiered and was about the whole show and every change from the OS that it has. They were cautious of the backlash from all the changes they made to the show.

2. Pumyra has already been confirmed to be appearing somewhere in the next 13 episodes and will have several episodes devoted to her. So if they were waiting til the main characters were built up, that means they feel those characters are already established enough to bring in some of the other characters.

3. 26 episodes had already been recorded with the Voice Actors before the first episode even aired and half the next 13 were animated before episode 13 aired, so It would be too late to change anything in the next 13 episodes in reaction to any fan backlash. This is animation, not live action. Episodes take months to complete.

And frankly there are just as many people on this forum defending the T/C pairing as there are people opposing it. So they wouldn't come here and see everyone hating their choice. They'd see people here arguing back and forth about it.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-05-2012 at 12:35 AM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #5857
L08e16o
Quote:
Another old Interview bits, I found interesting:

Geektress ThunderCats 2011

Are you scared of ThunderCats fan backlash?

Yes! Definitely! ThunderCat fans are very passionate. I worry all the time. I go to message boards and see what lines I can't cross, because they will tell me. We do change the mythology a little bit, and I'm a little worried that we will make some people upset. Hopefully they understand we're trying to be respectful.

What was the creative process like for ThunderCats?

ThunderCats has got like, 150 episodes. It's impossible to watch every -- well, it's not impossible, but I would have to devote like a year of my life to watching every single episode. You try to find the iconic episodes, the fan's favorite episodes, and watch those. I'm all about the iconic stuff. So the secondary characters won't make it in to an episode right off the bat, I want to focus on Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit and WilyKat, Snarf, Mumm-Ra. Once we build that world with those characters, then that's when we can go back and look at whether it's time to put in Lynx-O or Pumyra -- some of those more obscure characters.

The best thing I find for understanding what clicks about a character is usually going to the fan boards and seeing them argue over characters. People go crazy over that stuff. That's where I usually see what the hardcore fanbase is into. Sometimes I check the fan pages a little too late for my own good, and find out "OH! I shouldn't have done that."

================================================== =

So The crew did not like fan backlash, and right now they have done both L/C and T/C fan a disservice like strombringer said, by doing this crazy 180 sift out of thin air with T/C. If they are smart they will continue building L/C, otherwise tons of the promises and interviews were all lies to L/C fans like hollowheart said too way back, that will make their reputation bad too, making them full of BS.

Looks like Pumyra is a B-list character afterall. Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara are the three main focuses, The triangle can still be very long indeed, as WB bosses that wanting it too. Since this is a Lion-O story not Tygra, L/C will always be their main focus, like what they have done the past 13EPs in the triangle.

Old interview, before the premiere (but they have practically finished 26 episodes of season 1, like they said too before the premiere) but it cleary shows the crews MO, wanted to make as much fans happy as possible and the are carefull with Tcats. Clearly Bad critics about T/C are everywhere (crew's facebook, crewblogs,twitter, etc) including some the T/C fans themselves. Since story wise, this T/C thing were not being written properly.
I agree.

The core characters are in place and legacy showed us that mummra, lion-o, tygra, and cheetara will play a bigger role. Of course lion-o will be the main focus.

Pumyra is a b list character. If she was a main character, they would have established her earlier. I think she comes in on Native son.

You have to make them happy, because they will not watch it. If thunderdad doesn't watch it, most likely the thier kids won't.

Again, I think their is more to it in episode 13.

You know they worry about the fans reaction.

Look at bioware. There was such a backlash (Like my Warden, spent many hours on them) that they started to address some of it on the boards and made excuses. It pushed them to change how their DLC stuff was. It was more story driven.

In the end, it is about the dollars. What is going to make you the most. There was a reason TC have been on the back burner for 10 years.

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-05-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Old 02-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #5858
L08e16o
Does anyone think about how destiny brought L/T/C together?

Tygra's adoption is a mystery.

Why did it take so long for lion-o to be born and how did his mother die (I have my own opinion)?

Cheetara's dream of being a cleric since she was a cub. Was the dream a calling to her to be a cleric.

I have been thinking about this. They will play major roles in the story and now destiny has brought back the top three cats from legacy.

Could they all be recantation (Balgus brought this up about Lion-o and Leo)?

It was like they were drawn together to replay their roles again, but this time to finally beat mummra.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #5859
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I agree.

The core characters are in place and legacy showed us that mummra, lion-o, tygra, and cheetara will play a bigger role. Of course lion-o will be the main focus.

Pumyra is a b list character. If she was a main character, they would have established her earlier. I think she comes in on Native son.

You have to make them happy, because they will not watch it. If thunderdad doesn't watch it, most likely the thier kids won't.

Again, I think their is more to it in episode 13.

You know they worry about the fans reaction.

Look at bioware. There was such a backlash (Like my Warden, spent many hours on them) that they started to address some of it on the boards and made excuses. It pushed them to change how their DLC stuff was. It was more story driven.

In the end, it is about the dollars. What is going to make you the most. There was a reason TC have been on the back burner for 10 years.
Yeah the warden thing from DA1 cannot be used win DA2, was a fan backlash indeed. It's never good when you turn fans that really like your work into fans that having major issues or issues with your work.

Tcats has undergone various development process since 2000s like Jelenic said, 10 different versions until finally this last one. Why waste the potential when you can make more money out of it, especially when they haven't explored anything yet out of L/C, with L/C having enough base already. In any case he said he went to message boards to see what line he cannot cross, well he has crossed a line now, unless we will get something more about L/C to even the playing field, its just only fair to L/C fans too, as with their MO.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #5860
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah the warden thing from DA1 cannot be used win DA2, was a fan backlash indeed. It's never good when you turn fans that really like your work into fans that having major issues or issues with your work.

Tcats has undergone various development process since 2000s like Jelenic said, 10 different versions until finally this last one. Why waste the potential when you can make more money out of it, especially when they haven't explored anything yet out of L/C, with L/C having enough base already. In any case he said he went to message boards to see what line he cannot cross, well he has crossed a line now, unless we will get something more about L/C to even the playing field, its just only fair to L/C fans too, as with their MO.
Yeah, I am still bummed about that. Some games I just don't get into the character. Like elder scrolls 5, love the game, but I am not connected to my character. Love the game though!!

You said it a long time ago, they wanted layers and they are going to give things it's proper due.

Whatever happens with the triangle, cheetara was going to have to thank Tygra at some point. They gave the flower part it's proper due. Now he can't say he is invisible anymore. This next 3 episode arch, I believe will be for lion-o.

I think they knew what they were doing, look at all the L/C questions at the event. They might not known it would be this popular, but they knew it was there.

When you go into a project, you need to know your setting.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #5861
L08e16o
Does anyone wonder why they did so the jackal group in legacy? We saw the leader, but we didn't see the group.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #5862
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Does anyone wonder why they did so the jackal group in legacy? We saw the leader, but we didn't see the group.
A dog group was shown as the ground troops and they looked like the OS jackal man
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #5863
Balgus82
Yeah they were definitely there.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-05-2012 at 11:42 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #5864
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah, I am still bummed about that. Some games I just don't get into the character. Like elder scrolls 5, love the game, but I am not connected to my character. Love the game though!!

You said it a long time ago, they wanted layers and they are going to give things it's proper due.

Whatever happens with the triangle, cheetara was going to have to thank Tygra at some point. They gave the flower part it's proper due. Now he can't say he is invisible anymore. This next 3 episode arch, I believe will be for lion-o.

I think they knew what they were doing, look at all the L/C questions at the event. They might not known it would be this popular, but they knew it was there.

When you go into a project, you need to know your setting.
Elder Scroll 5 has problem with the cahracters and story not connected with the player, ES series are always for the game not the story, story just there for the sake of an rpg.

Yeah they wanted layers and the proper due thing.

They know about L/C fans of course, its iconic form the OS too, Stormbringer avatar image an excellent example of it.

Exactly, otherwise the project will go downhill if you don't know the setting and the type of fans.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #5865
cmangund
Found some nice comments from a hardcore OS fan during one of my "usual internet patrol":

---------------------------------------------------
"As a long time fan of the original series (I grew up on old VHS recordings my elder brother had), I was starting to really like the remake. Interesting characters, overarching plot, unique designs, it was shaping up to be a cartoon worth remembering.

Then you paired Cheetara with Tygra.

End of my interest.

Did anyone on the writing team EVER watch the old cartoon?
Here’s a list of must see episodes: ‘Sixth Sense’, ‘Telepathy Beam’, ‘Lord of Snows’, ‘All that Glitters’.

No, the beyond Horrible comic series released by Wildstorm/DC, DO NOT COUNT as cannon. They read like a badly written angst fanfiction and everybody knows it (Come on, in ‘The Return’, Cheetara is paired with Panthro, which is ‘never’ indicated in the original cartoon. Then in ‘Dogs of War’ she’s with Tygra for no plausible reason and even has two badly named brats with him? These are signs of terrible writing and worst consistency.).

Lastly,( and I know I’m gonna get flamed for this) the new Tygra is an awful character, seriously. No one in my family likes him.
I’m sorry to be one of the negative people, all the other episodes had me smiling and upbeat, this one left a sour taste in my mouth. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #5866
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Yeah they were definitely there.

Thanks.

Were they suppose to be the jackal?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #5867
L08e16o
Quote:
Elder Scroll 5 has problem with the cahracters and story not connected with the player, ES series are always for the game not the story, story just there for the sake of an rpg.

They know about L/C fans of course, its iconic form the OS too, Stormbringer avatar image an excellent example of it.

Exactly, otherwise the project will go downhill if you don't know the setting and the type of fans.
I like to use Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban. That was my favorite book and the director didn't really read the books. I thought that was the worst movie. Left out a lot of stuff in that movie. Like the map and Harry's fathers friends names.

I think they will respect all sides.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #5868
L08e16o
Quote:
Found some nice comments from a hardcore OS fan during one of my "usual internet patrol":

"As a long time fan of the original series (I grew up on old VHS recordings my elder brother had), I was starting to really like the remake. Interesting characters, overarching plot, unique designs, it was shaping up to be a cartoon worth remembering.

End of my interest.

Here’s a list of must see episodes: ‘Sixth Sense’, ‘Telepathy Beam’, ‘Lord of Snows’, ‘All that Glitters’.

No, the beyond Horrible comic series released by Wildstorm/DC, DO NOT COUNT as cannon. They read like a badly written angst fanfiction and everybody knows it (Come on, in ‘The Return’, Cheetara is paired with Panthro, which is ‘never’ indicated in the original cartoon. Then in ‘Dogs of War’ she’s with Tygra for no plausible reason and even has two badly named brats with him? These are signs of terrible writing and worst consistency.).

Lastly,( and I know I’m gonna get flamed for this) the new Tygra is an awful character, seriously. No one in my family likes him.
I’m sorry to be one of the negative people, all the other episodes had me smiling and upbeat, this one left a sour taste in my mouth. "
I figured there would be a lot of lion-o fans disappointed. I still believe the crew calculated this.

Cheetara has always been connected to lion-o in some way. I think that will play a major role in this story.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #5869
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:

but you could be a werewolf. and fight amreica's number one problem.................. BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #5870
Balgus82
Quote:
Thanks.

Were they suppose to be the jackal?
I'm pretty sure they're just one big group of different kinds of dogs, just like the cats have different species of cats in their group.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #5871
Balgus82
Quote:

End of my interest.

But the thing is, in the OS, there wasn't any romance between the characters. Fan opinion was all it was. I, personally, thought Lion-O had chemistry with either Mandora or Willa when I was little. I never thought Cheetara was with any of them.

And btw someone should tell him the Crew said they weren't basing any of the new show on the comics.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-06-2012 at 01:50 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #5872
L08e16o
Quote:
but you could be a werewolf. and fight amreica's number one problem.................. BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought that was roaches.

I like character interaction like DA.

There are a lot of glitches, like how the dragon hover and move in odd ways.

Some quest you can't complete or the item stays in your inventory.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #5873
L08e16o
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they're just one big group of different kinds of dogs, just like the cats have different species of cats in their group.
So the dogs are apart of the jackals?

I thought the jackals would look like anubis or like the leader in legacy.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #5874
Balgus82
Quote:
So the dogs are apart of the jackals?

I thought the jackals would look like anubis or like the leader in legacy.

Don't know if you've seen this yet, but this is what Jackalman will look like (though he won't be called Jackalman in the show).

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-06-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #5875
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah the game is

If only there will be a Dragon Age/Knights of the old Republic/choices rpg with branching storylines only it's a Tcats rpg, will be This major issue with the triangle can be avoided completely, as we can change the story as we like. Lion-O can
beat the crap out Tygra (let Lion-O gain some renegade points for this too)and Lion-O can romance Cheetara properly
I will go for the game definitely than the show if there will ever be one like Bioware's choices Rpg One of the beauties you can do with a game rather than a static show.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-06-2012 at 06:37 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #5876
cmangund
Quote:
I like to use Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban. That was my favorite book and the director didn't really read the books. I thought that was the worst movie. Left out a lot of stuff in that movie. Like the map and Harry's fathers friends names.

I think they will respect all sides.
Yeah the details are always important.

Hopefully, if they are smart they will, if they are not then they won't. Major rule of business, get as much clients as possible, instead of turning them away.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #5877
L08e16o
Quote:
Don't know if you've seen this yet, but this is what Jackalman will look like (though he won't be called Jackalman in the show).

Thanks.

I hope he is a total different character than the OS.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #5878
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah the details are always important.

Hopefully, if they are smart they will, if they are not then they won't. Major rule of business, get as much clients as possible, instead of turning them away.
They will. You know the WB boss wouldn't allow them to do that. This has been changing for 10 years.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #5879
shmashwitdaclub
Thunder Kitty
I posted in another thread, but this thread appears to be getting more action.

When will we be seeing more new episodes?
shmashwitdaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #5880
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmashwitdaclub View Post

Was it Daniel Norton who was asked about an April date and answered "earlier than that"? So best guess is next month, but no official announcement has been made yet.

Hello there
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #5881
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmashwitdaclub View Post

I hope it would be march.

Spring Anime season.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #5882
stormbringer
Hopefully the new episodes don't take too much longer to premier.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #5883
baboco2
Wannabe Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Hopefully the new episodes don't take too much longer to premier.
me too, Why do we have to have shows like ninjago.
[I have no idea How to spell that.]
when thundercats is supposed to be on.
I'm starting to miss all the reruns.
At least give us something, Thundercats is one of the only good shows remaining on television.
baboco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #5884
Balgus82
It's premiering soon, CN just hasn't officially announced it yet for some reason. *shrugs*
Old 02-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #5885
L08e16o
Quote:
It's premiering soon, CN just hasn't officially announced it yet for some reason. *shrugs*
It's CN thing. I could complain about them for days.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #5886
cmangund
Quote:
It's CN thing. I could complain about them for days.
Or Months We have been waiting for months with no "official" info on the airdate.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #5887
L08e16o
Quote:
Or Months We have been waiting for months with no "official" info on the airdate.
Or years.

They use to start series and never so the ending of them.

I remember they set aside a Saturday to show the final episodes of Zoids.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #5888
stormbringer
Quote:
Or years.

They use to start series and never so the ending of them.

I remember they set aside a Saturday to show the final episodes of Zoids.
CN has some of the worst scheduling I've ever seen. There have been times I wondered if a show was canceled, because its taken them so long to show new episodes.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #5889
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
check this out

Last edited by DarkKnight; 02-14-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #5890
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
and these

Last edited by DarkKnight; 03-22-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #5891
L08e16o
Quote:
and these
Like the MS stuff.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #5892
cmangund
Quote:
check this out
Nice edit

Last edited by cmangund; 02-09-2012 at 02:06 AM..
Old 02-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #5893
cmangund
Quote:
Or years.
Great, by that time the Bats/WW ship in JL already reaches its full potential. Darn! L/C need to catch up!

VS

already evolved to:

Last edited by cmangund; 02-09-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Old 02-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #5894
stormbringer
Quote:
Great, by that time the Bats/WW ship in JL already reaches its full potential. Darn! L/C need to catch up!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #5895
cmangund
Quote:
With CN's airing policy, it may take years for the story to wrap up anyway!
The earth will already be doomed to oblivion by the time Ep 14 airs!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #5896
L08e16o
Quote:
The earth will already be doomed to oblivion by the time Ep 14 airs!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #5897
L08e16o
Was thinking about the trails. I think once lion-o completes the trails, he will have perfect harmony with the sword. His connection with the SoO will be perfect.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #5898
cmangund
Quote:
Now we know why the Mayan calendar stopped, they gave up on waiting for episode 14.
The very obvious reason
Old 02-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #5899
L08e16o
Quote:
The very obvious reason
Are they making another season of JL?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #5900
Balgus82
Quote:
Are they making another season of JL?
I doubt it. It's been canceled for like 5 or 6 years now.