TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #51
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Considering ordering a case, but I have a sick feeling he's gunna be showing up by the boat load at dollar stores by xmas. Hmmm....
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #52
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Considering ordering a case, but I have a sick feeling he's gunna be showing up by the boat load at dollar stores by xmas. Hmmm....
Was just about to post that. I have a feeling he's about to drop pretty soon.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #53
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
Was just about to post that. I have a feeling he's about to drop pretty soon.
Great minds my friend.... great minds.

I still feel sick over paying full price for the thundertank and a month later it was 7 bucks. It was a pile of crap to boot.

Wave 2 was deffinatly made and its just waiting to storm the flood gates.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #54
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Great minds my friend.... great minds.

I still feel sick over paying full price for the thundertank and a month later it was 7 bucks. It was a pile of crap to boot.

Wave 2 was deffinatly made and its just waiting to storm the flood gates.
Same here. I had a coupon to TRU and got the thundertank. But not nearly as good of a discount as amazon. Still kicking myslelf for that one and the tower of omens. Surely they will get clearances again. They are everywhere!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #55
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
please dont tell me u paid over 20 for your tower
Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #56
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
No I havnt bought it yet. Waiting for another clearance. Lol
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #57
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
No I havnt bought it yet. Waiting for another clearance. Lol
Damn good idea! Amazon had them for 12. Definately worth 12 for Tygra..... but uhhh thats about it. I painted the details on mine... really annoying.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #58
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
I agree with you guys on the Tower and Tank, but in my area there is a action figure depression. I'll be lucky to see Tygra in stores at all. So much gas has been wasted looking for new stuff, that paying an extra $1 per figure in a case assortment from BBTS is a good deal and the shipping cost is a hell of a lot cheaper that what I've already wasted in gas and would continue to waste looking for this figure every week.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #59
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI View Post
I agree with you guys on the Tower and Tank, but in my area there is a action figure depression. I'll be lucky to see Tygra in stores at all. So much gas has been wasted looking for new stuff, that paying an extra $1 per figure in a case assortment from BBTS is a good deal and the shipping cost is a hell of a lot cheaper that what I've already wasted in gas and would continue to waste looking for this figure every week.
Maybe a $1 extra, and might be nice to have 2 tygras. but I already have 1 Lion-O and 2 Cheetara's. Plus tack on $15 for shipping. Now I'm in the hole $50. NOT a good deal if you already own them. Plus I have TONS of other crap I need to sell to pay for other things...ha!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #60
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Maybe a $1 extra, and might be nice to have 2 tygras. but I already have 1 Lion-O and 2 Cheetara's. Plus tack on $15 for shipping. Now I'm in the hole $50. NOT a good deal if you already own them. Plus I have TONS of other crap I need to sell to pay for other things...ha!
I see what you mean, no need for more multiple figures. Shipping was only $9 to my area, that's only a little more than 2 gallons of gas. I think the case available right now on BBTS is a pre-order, which in that situation you might as well wait for them to hit retail. The case I ordered was in stock and will be here tomorrow. Super fast shipping!

Last edited by THUNDER JEDI; 04-19-2012 at 12:13 PM..
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #61
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Not mine but...

Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #62
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Hilarious! That's from:

Infinite Hollywood: Bandai Modern Thundercats 6” Tygra Review
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #63
frodo
certified 80's kid
haha that sticking it to him hahaha
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #64
Mongor
You got red on you.
This was posted on another forum I visit regarding the 6" Tygra:

Yeah i finally had the money to buy a box from BBTS and now their sold out. I e-mailed bandai, and to my surprise they responded with: "The 6 inch Tygra was held back for spring, he should be out to all stores who restocked with the new case revisions" well my walmarts(the only store by me who sells TC stuff) head of the toy department told me they ordered cases but have yet to receive any new shipment from Hq. So im hoping... soon.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #65
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
That almost sounds encouraging. I really hate the wait, but fingers crossed.... Im glad in anyway I didnt spend 60+ bucks for a case I only need one of.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #66
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
That does sound encouraging. I'm sure he'll be popping up in stores soon.

I just want an announcement of anything new from Bandai. New modern figures, new classics...something.
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #67
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
I hope no one here is bidding this up. I can't believe it's at $88!!

Bandai Thundercats Tygra 6'' inch Figure from Bandai Mint in Box! | eBay
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #68
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
I hope no one here is bidding this up. I can't believe it's at $88!!

Bandai Thundercats Tygra 6'' inch Figure from Bandai Mint in Box! | eBay
I'm more surprised to see the opened one up to $73.00.

* Tygra sold for $103.50
Wow. Someone's gonna feel stupid soon when he's on clearance..

Last edited by Mongor; 05-03-2012 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #69
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
I refuse to buy the whole case for one figure.

I'll just wait til he shows up at retail, if he shows up considering the enire line may be cancelled.
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #70
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
This isn't directed at anyone in particular but its kind of ironic that some of the same people saying that the line is doing well and will continue are the same ones saying that they are holding out for 6" Tygra to hit Ross, Marshall's or TJ Maxx. What kind of message is that sending Cartoon Network or Bandai.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #71
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
This isn't directed at anyone in particular but its kind of ironic that some of the same people saying that the line is doing well and will continue are the same ones saying that they are holding out for 6" Tygra to hit Ross, Marshall's or TJ Maxx. What kind of message is that sending Cartoon Network or Bandai.
I am not one of those people, so I don't know, but the impression that I got was that they think the $100+ prices we're seeing on eBay right now are crazy considering it may only be a short time before we see them at retailers and then if history is any indication, only a short time after that will we see them on discount and clearance.

Personally, I am very much in hopes that he still goes full retail and there is enough renewed interest and better marketing that the figure (and the rest of the line) sells well. Bandai has done a terrible job with their retail cases and they have done a worse job of marketing. I don't blame stores at all for not believing in the toy line when they have 20 Mum-Ra's sitting on pegs and overpriced collector toys sitting among toys aimed at kids.

As much as I love the new show and the new toys, it kills me to see their chances butchered like that. I've bought everything I've seen and my kids have got a ton too. I hope the 6" Tygra hits retail and I hope it sells well enough that we never see it on clearance. If history is any indication though, we will likely either never see him in stores or we will see such an overflow and poor sales that he'll be $9.88 on the clearance isle at Wal-Mart next to the 8" Lion-O and Tygra.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #72
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
I am not one of those people, so I don't know, but the impression that I got was that they think the $100+ prices we're seeing on eBay right now are crazy considering it may only be a short time before we see them at retailers and then if history is any indication, only a short time after that will we see them on discount and clearance.

Personally, I am very much in hopes that he still goes full retail and there is enough renewed interest and better marketing that the figure (and the rest of the line) sells well. Bandai has done a terrible job with their retail cases and they have done a worse job of marketing. I don't blame stores at all for not believing in the toy line when they have 20 Mum-Ra's sitting on pegs and overpriced collector toys sitting among toys aimed at kids.
No, I agree with not paying $80 to $100. Its been going on for awhile. Not just here either. Talking mostly about the online retailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
As much as I love the new show and the new toys, it kills me to see their chances butchered like that. I've bought everything I've seen and my kids have got a ton too. I hope the 6" Tygra hits retail and I hope it sells well enough that we never see it on clearance. If history is any indication though, we will likely either never see him in stores or we will see such an overflow and poor sales that he'll be $9.88 on the clearance isle at Wal-Mart next to the 8" Lion-O and Tygra.
Agreed, I've only passed on a couple of things and almost all of what I have bought has been full price at retail when it was first released. I feel like I've done my part.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #73
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Agreed, I've only passed on a couple of things and almost all of what I have bought has been full price at retail when it was first released. I feel like I've done my part.
ditto. I'm a bit embarrased to say how many of the 8" figures I have....
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #74
frodo
certified 80's kid
ordered from a friend & a local specialty store

my friend delivered but no news from the store

Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #75
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
Can your buddy hook me up, haha?
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #76
frodo
certified 80's kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcphoto View Post
Can your buddy hook me up, haha?
he pretty much got for himself, me,& another buddy of ours
Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #77
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo View Post
he pretty much got for himself, me,& another buddy of ours
Where did he get them?
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #78
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
One just sold on eBay for $52. The price is currently dropping =o)
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #79
netkid
Sun. Surf. Espionage.
The case with 2 Tygras is up for Pre-Order again on BBTS:

Thundercats 2011 6" Collector Figure Series 02 - Case Assortment 'C' of 4 Figures - Thundercats (2011) Figures
netkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #80
frodo
certified 80's kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcphoto View Post
Where did he get them?
im not sure never asked him where he ordered it