TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator

Thundercats Season One - Book One 2-Disc DVD Set

Thundercats 2011 2-Disc DVD Announced
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
ejrussell
Thunder Kitty
Cool. What can we expect? Also will the first season be divided into volumes?
ejrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrussell View Post
Cool. What can we expect? Also will the first season be divided into volumes?
All details are at the link above. 8-episodes, looks like season being broken up into "books".
Old 08-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
wow that was really fast! thats probably one of the fastest TV to DVD anouncements I have ever heard of!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
While it's nice to see them getting the DVD's out really quick, I'm not a fan of the breaking-up of the season into books/volumes/sets. Also, if they stick to releasing eight episodes per book, what are they going to do with the last two episodes of the season?

I'm honestly not sure if I'll get this, or wait in-hopes of an entire Season 1 package. I don't think it's likely that they'll package the entire show together once it's all over, but packaging each full season on it's own would be nice.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
LordLionO
Hear the Roar.
I'm glad they are at least doing 8-episode sets as opposed to 3-episode sets.
LordLionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
RydenJager
Thunder Kitty
Omg! Omg!! Omg!!! That was fast!!! I want it!!!
RydenJager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #8
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLionO View Post
I'm glad they are at least doing 8-episode sets as opposed to 3-episode sets.
Good point. This is definitely one of those "could be better, but could also be a whole lot worse" type of situations.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
I think it's cool, but not down with the format. Need Blu-Ray or nothing. Hopefully once the full season is out, they do a Blu Ray version. I'll pick that up.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
This is great news but I'd rather get the entire season in one shot. How many episodes in season 1, 26? If anything they could have split it into two 13 episodes volumes.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
I think it's cool, but not down with the format. Need Blu-Ray or nothing. Hopefully once the full season is out, they do a Blu Ray version. I'll pick that up.
Agreed. Blu-ray or nada.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Agreed. Blu-ray or nada.
Thirded. It's getting tiresome how so many of these shows are being treated on home video these days. I mean, the HD feed is BEAUTIFUL and really shows how incredible Blu would treat this series on physical media. It's the Batman: The Brave and the Bold nightmare all over again. No Blu, and stretching the seasons out over several sets to milk the cow dry.

That said, I see one major positive here others have also touched on, and that is the speed in which this is hitting disc in any shape or form. That, IMO, shows confidence from the studios on the new brand in that they are clearly ready to push it on home video. Sure, making money is the prime motivation, but it still seems like they are very certain it will sell the minute it hits. That's at least reassuring in terms of the immediate success of the new show.
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #13
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I don't have a HDTV and the only Blu ray player I have is my PS3 so I'm perfectly fine with DVD. lol
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I don't have a HDTV and the only Blu ray player I have is my PS3 so I'm perfectly fine with DVD. lol
Pretty much the same here, except I don't even have a PS3, lol. I'll buy DVD's till they're gone completely. Blu-ray just doesn't interest me, and the "difference" from regular DVD's is nowhere great enough to make upgrading worth it, imho.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #15
dragon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Pretty much the same here, except I don't even have a PS3, lol. I'll buy DVD's till they're gone completely. Blu-ray just doesn't interest me, and the "difference" from regular DVD's is nowhere great enough to make upgrading worth it, imho.

my thoughts exaclty & there is alot movies, tvshows that are not on bluray or may never be on bluray to begin with the first original phantom of the opera siloent black & white version, jhon wyahne movies for my grandfather, brucelee for me.

that is very fast here is hoping for complete season 1 boxset
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #16
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Anyone know if the episodes will be available on Itunes?
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
I hate when they do these kinds of releases, i guess these are nice to have too if you want them sooner, but i rather just have the box set of the complete season.
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #18
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Jaguar View Post
Anyone know if the episodes will be available on Itunes?
According to the attached trailer, it claims the episodes will be available via digital download.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #19
LXL Guy
Thunder Kitty
I will get this regardless just so I can watch again. Plus from a collecting aspect it's just nice things to show off.
LXL Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #20
break24er
Thunder Kitty
Im guessing by the Episode title Panthro wont make an appearance till episode 5? thats pretty lame. Im liking the show overall but not into these stand alone episodes, The fish one was pretty lame.
break24er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #21
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
According to the attached trailer, it claims the episodes will be available via digital download.

Hey, that's just as good.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #22
Khev
Thunder Kitty
I've been enjoying these episodes in high definition on Cartoon Network too much to plunk down the cash for standard-def DVD's. I'll keep them saved on my DVR in HD until they offer a proper blu-ray assortment.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #23
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
I'm with you, Tony, gotta be Blu
wesitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #24
dragon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesitron View Post
I'm with you, Tony, gotta be Blu

not to start fight but what if it never gets released on bluray ive seen complete boxsets that never got bluray format & spongebob has been out for soemtimes & still has new episodes never bluray format spongbob hes very popluar complete bluray boxset for this series could very slim to nothing same with trasnfromers, gijoe complete animated series no bluray format not even for single dvd release volumes
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #25
Khev
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
not to start fight but what if it never gets released on bluray ive seen complete boxsets that never got bluray format & spongebob has been out for soemtimes & still has new episodes never bluray format spongbob hes very popluar complete bluray boxset for this series could very slim to nothing same with trasnfromers, gijoe complete animated series no bluray format not even for single dvd release volumes
If it gets to the point where the entire season is released as a full box set and still no word on a blu-ray release then I'll consider it. I do own the full series of GI Joe and He-Man on DVD, but those are easier to swallow because they weren't originally broadcast in high definition.

Thundercats looks fantastic on Cartoon Network HD and it will be a shame if they don't allow for the extra vibrant colors and details to be preserved in a blu-ray release.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #26
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Thundercats looks fantastic on Cartoon Network HD and it will be a shame if they don't allow for the extra vibrant colors and details to be preserved in a blu-ray release.
Absolutely. Unfortunately, it's seeming pretty unlikely though. But let's keep the faith anyway, lol.
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #27
Altaica
Thunder Kitty
While I would love to have this I may just buy the HD downloads and burn my own discs so I can have the better quality. As a collector I would want professional dvds, but I think I would wait until I see if they put out sets like they did with the original.

I think they are pushing the dvd out so fast to get it out there for christmas. People start shopping early if they don't want to fight the rush and Thundercats will probably be a hot christmas commodity.
Altaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #28
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
I would get a digital download if it weren't for drm. I want this on my ps3 and phone. I'm pretty sure they will do complete seasons in boy ray though. Nowadays that means free downloads a lot of the time.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote