TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Reviews and Feedback

Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
Hey, guys! Picked up the Lizard Cannon from Amazon for 14.99 and free shipping. Awesome toy!

Last edited by wesitron; 08-08-2011 at 07:37 PM..
wesitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
Embed code didn't work, but posting the link embedded it. Go figure
Old 08-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Good review, and of what appears to be a pretty good toy. Don't think I'll get the set, but if I ever see it on clearance, and don't have anything more interesting to get at the time, I probably would then. As for the size of the tank compared to how they looked on the show...I would say the scale is way off. I'll have to re-watch the premiere again to make sure, but I remember seeing Panthro hanging from the turret, and the overall size of the tank made him look tiny.

The lizard itself is really cool. If that sculpt ever gets released on it's own I'll definitely be getting it. I could see them repainting it in a more gray coloration. Would go nicely with Slithe when he eventually gets made.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
You may be right about the scale of the cannon, the only decent pics I saw of it were on here and it was a downward shot, so scale got a bit iffy.

The lizard guy is awesome, I wouldn't mind army building a few of them provided they stay minions of Mumm-Ra. I'd like to see Slithe a little bit taller when he comes out, but honestly I want the 4" line to become the new Star Wars of our age where they just make figures of EVERYBODY so a little re-use is perfectly fine with me
Old 08-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesitron View Post
You may be right about the scale of the cannon, the only decent pics I saw of it were on here and it was a downward shot, so scale got a bit iffy.
Yeah, looking at the shot from above, it does make them look smaller. Maybe they had Panthro tied to something else and I just thought it was one of the cannons, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesitron View Post
The lizard guy is awesome, I wouldn't mind army building a few of them provided they stay minions of Mumm-Ra. I'd like to see Slithe a little bit taller when he comes out, but honestly I want the 4" line to become the new Star Wars of our age where they just make figures of EVERYBODY so a little re-use is perfectly fine with me
Same here. The more figures, the better. I don't imagine Slithe will be too much taller, but yeah, he should definitely be taller than this particular minion.

Also, forgot to mention this in my first post, but something about the lizard cannon's design makes me think of caslte Plundar from the original show. Not sure if that was done on purpose, but it's cool enough of a reference for me.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
Tomb Fortress
Thunder Kitty
Nice review - thanks for the info.

I have all the 4" line out to this point and I honestly think this lizard guy is my favorite figure. I know I might catch hate for that, but damn, this dude is excellent. He is poseable, painted well, and all around a great design. And it doesn't hurt that the vehicle is pretty good too. Like the OP said, don't pass it up.
Tomb Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
Thanks! I'm glad this little guy is gettin some love, I really like the way they're treating the races and having an army builder so early on was a great idea by Bandai.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
Hammerhand
Thunder Kitty
Love the figure and great review man!
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
Thanks!