TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Sightings

Old 02-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Use this thread to post what you find, and where! Let your fellow collectors know what's up. Minor local discussion is ok, but try to keep it focused on the toys and finding them locally.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
Nothing found as of yet in the greater Tampa area. I have been looking regularly though and will update as soon as I find something!
The Eye of Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Roufuss
Thunder Kitty
Hope this helps someone out --

Thundercats have hit Tampa at K-Mart! I had to use the in-store pickup option from the website to get mine, as the K-Mart on Busch Blvd in Tampa (next to Busch Gardens) was being painfully slow about finishing their reset.

According to the website, every K-Mart in Tampa and Brandon has the figures. I did in-store pickup on all the 4" figures and 6" Lion-O and Mumm-Ra (Panthro kept erroring out) and just picked them up no problem.

Thundercats are definitely on the loose now! I used the coupon code KTOYS5 to save an extra $5 too!
Roufuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
Iconicon
Thunder Kitty
Both TRU stores in Jax have 6" and 4" figures, Big Lion-o, Thundertank, and basic vehicle sets.
Iconicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
TRU has the Thundertank and the 4" and 6" figures from the new line. No classics however. Glad I ordered with EE.
McSoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
I gave up looking for a few days and wouldn't you know that's when they finally hit! I guess I'll try my luck tomorrow and report back in...
Old 08-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Follow up to my report yesterday...

Ventured back to TRU for some returns and scouted out the aisles again this time spotting the 8" classics figures (2 each of Lion-o and Tygra) in addition to the new line litter. I must say, they look phenomenal and I had to hold back from buying on the spot, despite having them on pre-order already w/ Entertainment Earth. Seeing them live just served to heighten my excitement for the set I ordered to come in. Hopefully EE will get their stock in soon and shipped out!

I also spied the Deluxe Sword of Omens which my 8 y.o. daughter was loving. Most definitely gonna have to pick that up for her!

Last edited by McSoundwave; 08-13-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
After trying 3 Kmarts and 1 TRU today I finally found some Thundercats at the TRU in Clearwater. Unfortunately, there were no classics and after looking at the new age figures I have realized that I have no interest at all in collecting those. Looks like it will be all classics or Mezco figures for me!

For anyone interested, there was one 4" Cheetara still there around 4.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
SabreFX
Strickland Propaniac
The Toys R Us near Fashion Square Mall off SR 50 and Herndon Ave in Orlando had most of the good stuff picked clean. They had 2 4" mummy-Mumm Ras ($7.99), one Thundertank ($29.99), one Lizard Cannon, one or two each of the Thunder Racer sets ($14 or $15), and an empty shelf space for the 8" Classics ($19.99).

My 4" Tygra from Amazon should be here tomorrow and I'm hoping to find some more stuff at the Super Walmart off SR 50 near Alafaya Trail. Will update if I see anything.

EDIT: That Walmart doesn't have a proper Thundercats section as of yet. I found a 4" Mumm-Ra near the Transformers and way down the aisle, near the DCU figures, I found a Classics Tygra, a 6" Mumm-Ra, and a 6" Panthro. A little further down, I found a Lizard Cannon and a Tygra Thunder Racer. Went back to the aisle a little later and found a Lion-O Thunder Racer behind some PoTC toys. I put everything I could find by the DCU stuff and left it all there. Still looking for 4" Panthro and Cheetara.

Last edited by SabreFX; 08-15-2011 at 02:17 AM..
SabreFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #10
LordDudington
His Dudeship
St. Petersburg TRU had nothing of the new cats as of last night. Anyone in the Tampa Bay Area seen the Deluxe 4" stuff yet?
LordDudington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDudington View Post
St. Petersburg TRU had nothing of the new cats as of last night. Anyone in the Tampa Bay Area seen the Deluxe 4" stuff yet?
Yes, they were at the TRU in Clearwater/Countryside on Sunday.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #12
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
I finally picked up my classics today over in Orlando. Got the last 2 at the TRU by the mall at Millenia.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #13
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
I was back at TRU yesterday and both Classics Lion-O figures were gone. The two Tygra's remained, that is, until I caved and bought one to hold me over until my set from EE comes in. I kind of regret not grabbing a Lion-O in store when I had the chance as I've come to the conclusion I'd like to have two of each of these guys, but oh well, another opportunity will present itself soon enough so no worries.

That being said, I can't get over how awesome these figures are! Top-notch in my opinion.

Also...miscellaneous stuff from the new line remained, though I didn't pay too too much attention to it as it doesn't interest me.

All for now...
Old 08-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #14
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
There was one classic Tygra left at TRU in Countryside/Clearwater yesterday...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #15
General Hawk 7
Thunder Kitty
Hey all! Near Tampa FL reporting in!!! THUNDERCATS HOOOO!!!!!
General Hawk 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #16
General Hawk 7
Thunder Kitty
WHERE ARE THE CHEETARAS!?!?

I have yet to even talk to a TRU personnel that has even seen a Cheetara in one of the shipments.

She's the last one we need. (my kids and i)
Old 08-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #17
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
WHERE ARE THE CHEETARAS!?!?

I have yet to even talk to a TRU personnel that has even seen a Cheetara in one of the shipments.

She's the last one we need. (my kids and i)
I saw her once at the TRU in Countryside and reported it here. I'll keep my "eye" open for ya...
Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #18
General Hawk 7
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye of Thundera View Post
I saw her once at the TRU in Countryside and reported it here. I'll keep my "eye" open for ya...
Thanks! Good luck to both of us in that case.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #19
SabreFX
Strickland Propaniac
Super Walmart off SR 50 near Alafaya Trail in Orlando is mostly done with their reset so they have a proper Thundercats section now. Pegs were mostly bare but they had the following:

4" x3 Mummy-Mumm-Ra, x2 Lion-O, 1 Tygra, 1 WilyKit, 1 WilyKat
6" Lion-O
x2 Tower of Omens
x1 Thundertank

There were plenty of pegs for every size class and shelf space for vehicles and playsets, so once they get bigger shipments to fill them, it should be easier to find stuff there.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #20
General Hawk 7
Thunder Kitty
I scored us a Cheetara!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #21
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
I just left TRU in Countryside a few hours ago and they still had at least 1 of everything left on the shelf for those of you still looking for stuff.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #22
The Ever Living
I love you too maaa-mutt!
Tampa here, Walmart infront of the target on Dale mabry had the wilys, mummy ra, tygra, cheetara and some tanks.
Looking for a Lion O classics that has good paint aps.
The one i saw at the Brandon tru had splotches of red paint all over the glove, sad because I have this wonderful 20 % off coupon for tru
K mart next to bush has 2 dlx sword of omens and one Mummy ra.
The Ever Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #23
General Hawk 7
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ever Living View Post
Tampa here, Walmart infront of the target on Dale mabry had the wilys, mummy ra, tygra, cheetara and some tanks.
Looking for a Lion O classics that has good paint aps.
The one i saw at the Brandon tru had splotches of red paint all over the glove, sad because I have this wonderful 20 % off coupon for tru
K mart next to bush has 2 dlx sword of omens and one Mummy ra.
Hey dude! I live near Tampa. In Brandon. You come into Brandon often?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #24
The Ever Living
Yeah to visit one of the only three toys R us down here that's not Immensely far from my house!
Have you spotted a Classics Lion O with a good paint job?
Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #25
General Hawk 7
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Yeah to visit one of the only three toys R us down here that's not Immensely far from my house!
Have you spotted a Classics Lion O with a good paint job?
I'll keep an eye out for ya man! Thankfully the one I picked up did. But the Tygra.. his eye aps suck. Ended up returning him.
But yeah, if I see a good one I can pick it up for ya.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #26
General Hawk 7
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys. Any one here work at a TRU? Or have one nearby and would be willing to help me find the Ghostbusters II boxed set please?

LMK
Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #27
The Ever Living
Sweet man thanks, I've seen GB this set, but only in Orlando.
I just dropped $1,200 on my car so i'll be paying that debt to the CC for a while.
Still may have to get that Lion-o thought if I fine a REEAALLY well painted one lol.

Last edited by The Ever Living; 09-14-2011 at 07:37 PM..
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #28
The Ever Living
I got lucky my folks came up to visit me after I told them what happened with the car. We ended up at a Walmart to exchange my car battery that had gone bad, lo and behold the Walmart deeper into Dale Mabry had the Classics! They bought me a Lion-O! lol Holly flashback!! lol Gen Hawk pm me!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #29
General Hawk 7
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I got lucky my folks came up to visit me after I told them what happened with the car. We ended up at a Walmart to exchange my car battery that had gone bad, lo and behold the Walmart deeper into Dale Mabry had the Classics! They bought me a Lion-O! lol Holly flashback!! lol Gen Hawk pm me!

AWESOME!!!! I'd love it if my parents would buy me an action figure again! haha!

Glad you got him dude!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:20 AM   #30
The Ever Living
I was about to give him the cash for it and he refused it lol.
My pops is an enabler i guess lol.
Guess it was interesting from his perspective, he must have been thinking:
"I bought him this thing 20 something years ago and not I'm buying another one. lol"
Brought the toy to work today too, My co workers dig them. Probably think I'm coo coo, but they understand I'm a collector/illustrator on my free time.
Its not like I'm doing drugs or picking up hookers. lol

Last edited by The Ever Living; 09-16-2011 at 03:23 AM..
Old 12-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #31
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
So what's the consensus regarding the change in size of the classics from 8" to 6" with you locals?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
SabreFX
Strickland Propaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye of Thundera View Post
So what's the consensus regarding the change in size of the classics from 8" to 6" with you locals?
As long as Panthro and Cheetara come out at the 8" scale as store exclusives or something as was hinted by the Bandai rep in that article, I don't have a problem with them stopping there. Just get the 4 main Cats out and I can live without Kit and Kat. Speaking of the 8" guys, Amazon has Lion-O on sale for $12.99 and the Thundertank for $12.99 (wow!).

I'm looking forward to the new 6" Tygra and Cheetara showing up around here. Will post when I see them.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #33
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
New to posting on the boards. I spotted something yesterday in a Target in Boca Raton (standard, the Supers didn't have it). I was going by the area again today and broght along a camera to get visual proof of what I found.

It's a 4-pack of 4" figures from the current series (Tygra, Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, and Snarf).

There were a half-dozen of these on the shelf with the Transformers toys.

Pics below:

Front of Box

Top of Box showing remolding on Snarf

Back of Box with cross-sells for all of the vehicles in the line (including the Storm Charger and Tiger Flyer)
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #34
SabreFX
Strickland Propaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
New to posting on the boards. I spotted something yesterday in a Target in Boca Raton (standard, the Supers didn't have it). I was going by the area again today and broght along a camera to get visual proof of what I found.

It's a 4-pack of 4" figures from the current series (Tygra, Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, and Snarf).

There were a half-dozen of these on the shelf with the Transformers toys.

Pics below:*Snip
Pretty cool, and I'm sure some people will appreciate being able to get Snarf without buying the Thundertank. Do you remember what the price for this set was? I think you should post this in the News section if you haven't already since it's an item that as far as I know we didn't know would be released. On top of that, it's confirmation that Target stores will be getting the 2011/2012 line in the new year as originally expected. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #35
SabreFX
Strickland Propaniac
Waterford Lakes Super Target in Orlando had two 6" Classic Mumm-Ras and one 6" Classic Lion-O for $14.99 each earlier today as well as several of the 4" 4-packs. Sorry I don't have proof, but I don't have a smartphone and the pics I took are stuck in my old Nokia until I can find my little cable to transfer them to my laptop.

Courtesy of Alucard88 of TFW2005, here are the DCPIs you can plug into the price scanners at Target to check stock:

"Here is the DPCI for the new 6 inch classic figures: 087-06-0931

Lion-o upc: 0 45557 33121 4
mumm-ra upc: 0 4557 33122 1

Hope this helps."

Here is the one he posted for the Modern 6" Tygra and Cheetara:

087-06-0893
Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #36
Vulcan Raven
Thunder Kitty
VR here, just joined but have been a member on the Tank for a long time.

You can also find me at TFW and Toyark although I don't really go to those sites much.

I'm digging the new 6" Classics and can't wait to pick them up.
Vulcan Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #37
The Ever Living
Found the 6" classics in Miami Fl.
Nice little figures.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
Vulcan Raven
Thunder Kitty
Picked up the Classic 6" Lion-O and Mumm-Ra the other day. Awesome figures.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #39
C.I.A.D.
Darth Gorillamus
Stopped by a Wal*'Mart off of US 19 & 52. Found Panthro (robo arms) and picked up MummRa (closed wings). Left behind Claudius and regretted doing so, but the Wife wasn't too fond of the idea of 3 figures in the cart (this is why I hunt alone, lol).

They also had a couple of Storm Chasers for anyone interested.
C.I.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #40
SabreFX
Strickland Propaniac
Toys R Us off Alafaya Trail near Waterford Lakes has 4 sets of the SD 6-packs (neat but pretty pricey at $27), 3 Armor of Omens ($29.99), and one Tygus w/ Flyer thing ($14.99). I passed on all, so they were still there as of 2:30PM. I'm still on the lookout for 6" Cheetara.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #41
Vulcan Raven
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.A.D. View Post
Stopped by a Wal*'Mart off of US 19 & 52. Found Panthro (robo arms) and picked up MummRa (closed wings). Left behind Claudius and regretted doing so, but the Wife wasn't too fond of the idea of 3 figures in the cart (this is why I hunt alone, lol).

They also had a couple of Storm Chasers for anyone interested.
You and me both brother! hahaha

Recently saw the Armor of Omens, pretty nice but pricey as well.