TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
Ok so years ago I used to have a pair of He-Man and the MOTU roller skates. They were actually pretty cool, red wheels, black skate, with red laces and the He-Man and the MOTU logo (that was used with everything the licensed out).
So this had got me to thinking before that if there was He-Man roller skates, i think it would be safe to say that there are Thundercats Roller Skates out there somewhere.
If they do exist I would image they would be similar to the He-man ones. Red wheels with the skate being black, OR maybe even a Blue skate with red wheels, with the Thundercats logo they used on EVERYTHING back then....
????
I don't know. But i have been searching for them for about 8 years and I have not even been able to find a picture to see if they even exist. BUT i have not been able to find a picture of the He-man roller skates I had anywhere either. Unfortunately i had sold them on ebay years ago and that picture is long gone. They may not exist. But something tells me they do.

Has anyone out there own a pair of these??? if not own, at least seen or have a picture??? I just want to see a picture!!! haha. its been driving me nuts...

This captain is in search of his white whale....
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Did a quick Google image search for "masters of the universe skates", and this was the third picture:

As for any possible Thundercats skates, haven't found anything yet. Honestly, I don't think the existence of MotU skates necessarily means there were Thundercats skates too. It's possible that they did exist, but the existence of skates tied to both shows would be coincidental.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moturollerskates_full.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	336.2 KB
ID:	1087
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
yea i saw those skates but those were not the ones i had. Mine were laced all the way to the top did not have the leather straps on the top. They licensed everything in the 80's so i do believe they are out there. I mean I have a thundercats umbrella. if they have umbrellas i think they would have roller skates.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Cracka View Post
They licensed everything in the 80's so i do believe they are out there. I mean I have a thundercats umbrella. if they have umbrellas i think they would have roller skates.
I know they licensed everything back then, they still do to a somewhat lesser extent. My point was that the fact that there were MotU rollerskates doesn't instantly mean hat there were Thundercats skates too. To put it another way, I'm saying that you shouldn't make an assumption that they made Thundercats rollerskates based on the fact that MotU rollerskates were once made. That would be like me saying there's got to be a Thundercats skateboard out there just because there have been TMNT skateboards. I'm not saying there couldn't be a Thundercats skateboard out there. In all likelihood there probably is, but I'm not going to assume there is just because TMNT skateboards exist.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I know they licensed everything back then, they still do to a somewhat lesser extent. My point was that the fact that there were MotU rollerskates doesn't instantly mean hat there were Thundercats skates too. To put it another way, I'm saying that you shouldn't make an assumption that they made Thundercats rollerskates based on the fact that MotU rollerskates were once made. That would be like me saying there's got to be a Thundercats skateboard out there just because there have been TMNT skateboards. I'm not saying there couldn't be a Thundercats skateboard out there. In all likelihood there probably is, but I'm not going to assume there is just because TMNT skateboards exist.

I understand where you are coming from but if you recall the 80's...rollerskates were a big thing. If u were in grade school, roller skating parties were pretty regular. And through the years of looking I have found CareBears, Smurfs, Inspector Gadget,MOTU, She-ra,Scooby Doo and even Ghostbusters....so to me it would make sense that Thundercats would have also capitalized on the idea and would have licensed the image out to that. I know it may not be the case and they may not be out there but if you take a look at some of the items in my collection you will see that their logo was really on EVERYTHING. So it would make sense to me that they would be out there. Also, you can find thundercats toddler and children sneakers as well as rain books, so they did dabble in the footwear field. Only time will really tell...but just because we havent seen it yet...doesnt mean we won't. Just like the thundercats big wheel and the mad bubbler was only a rumor for years and years until finally pictures surfaced