TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 05-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #51
xander88
Thunder Kitty
I already mentioned this in another thread but I don't see why Bandai don't just continue doing a classics line that is specifically aimed at collectors and fans of the old series, regardless of how the new series is doing. The classics were never supposed to be mainstream anyway so they wouldn't always appeal to kids. If the new series has failed, there is no reason not to continue classic stuff. The classic series lives on and is much bigger than the new series. Seeing as Bandai have the license to Thundercats, they may as well continue with the classics line. The classic series has enough fans for this to be successful regardless of how well they promote it. Older fans will take the initiative to find out about these toys, like we on this forum have been doing.

P.S. I thought of this while I was crying in the corner

Last edited by xander88; 05-30-2012 at 11:47 AM..
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #52
MegatronWolf
Overlord
i was just about to ask if the toy line was officially dead. If its true hopefully another company will pick it up. Would be great if mattel was given the reins cause i think they would do an awesome job. as long as its not hasblow ill be happy, we dont need another overpriced low quality toyline with their name on it. Either way this sucks, it was a great toyline and im sure the show will suffer because of this as well. All because the distribution/marketing was horrible and im sure the weird pricing didnt help either. I just dont understand how this failed but power rangers is still going strong.
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #53
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronWolf View Post
I just dont understand how this failed but power rangers is still going strong.
I just told my wife this exact same thing this last weekend as I was commenting on Wal-Mart's $5 clearance prices of all their 4" figures.

On a side note, $5 is pretty low and I only have most in opened condition... I might have to put together a MOC collection of the 4" line as well... while they are still in stores and on clearance. Clearance prices are very friendly =o)
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #54
tallgeeseblue
Thunder Kitty
yes just be careful not all walmarts have them on clearence. I decided since the one near me had stuff on clearence
tank 23.97
4 inch 5.00
6 inch figs and 4 inch basic vehicles 11.00

another one had the tank (same price) and the 6 inches (11.00 and 13.00) clearenced but nothing else was

a third on my way home for work had
all there stuff was still full price figs,tank accessories

I have yet to check the one near my work

(this is all in the cincinnati area)
tallgeeseblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #55
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
The walmart by my work is almost completely cleared out. They had one 4" at full price and three 6" @ $11. The walmart closest to my home still has everything full price.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #56
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Last week one of the Wal-Marts in town had everything on clearance. Tons of 4" for $5 each, ThunderTanks, 6" figures, and 4" Lizard Canon, Thunderracers, etc.. Today they have nothing. I asked 4 different employees where they went and they said that anything that may have been left was squished in with other figures, they have no clearance section. I walked all around the toy department and the rest of the store. Nothing. I went to another Wal-Mart and only the 6" figures were marked down. They had quite a bit of most everything else. Targets near me still have stock, but nothing new.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #57
tallgeeseblue
Thunder Kitty
checked a mejier on the way home to see what they were doing. what they have is full price but they have moved everything to the back end of the toys and they have next to nothing couple 6 and half dozen 4s
tallgeeseblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #58
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
I went to Kmart earlier this morning and everything is on clearance. 4" are $5, thundertank was $20 I believe. Even though I own everything, for some reason I still feel like buying duplicates of wave 1. I doubt they will ever be worth much, but who knows. I just feel compelled.
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #59
Mongor
You got red on you.
My Walmart moved them again to a real little area since my last visit. I finally got myself the Sword Of Omens ($16) since I guess I won't be seeing TCats merch anywhere anymore. It was the last one too. They had like 10 of them 2 weeks ago. Everything was discounted down but not as low as some of you are reporting. The 4 inch figs were almost all gone and NOW they had a ton of Panthro's out with the CN logo on the package. I haven't seen a Panthro for months. Shows how well Walmart employees do their job with stocking. Then again, it's probably frustrating wading through countless Lion-O's and Mumm-Ra's to find something else for your shelf I guess.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #60
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
My Walmart moved them again to a real little area since my last visit. I finally got myself the Sword Of Omens ($16) since I guess I won't be seeing TCats merch anywhere anymore. It was the last one too. They had like 10 of them 2 weeks ago. Everything was discounted down but not as low as some of you are reporting. The 4 inch figs were almost all gone and NOW they had a ton of Panthro's out with the CN logo on the package. I haven't seen a Panthro for months. Shows how well Walmart employees do their job with stocking. Then again, it's probably frustrating wading through countless Lion-O's and Mumm-Ra's to find something else for your shelf I guess.
Wow The sword at 16!? Thats nuts! Near me all the swords were snatched up right away and never re-stocked. Im gunna take a road trip this week to see if I can find 2 of em to gut for one of my projects
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #61
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Wow The sword at 16!? Thats nuts! Near me all the swords were snatched up right away and never re-stocked. Im gunna take a road trip this week to see if I can find 2 of em to gut for one of my projects
If you can't let me know. There's a butt load of Walmarts here in Dallas. I'm sure I could find another.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #62
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Yes, here in Indianapolis there isn't much to be found anymore. At my closest wal-mart, they have moved them all to the clearance aisles. It's over...

as much as I hoped it wouldn't be.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #63
Mongor
You got red on you.
I still need a Stormcharger and Slithe. I refuse to buy the Deluxe Panthro and Lion-O along with Slithe just to have one.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #64
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander88 View Post
I already mentioned this in another thread but I don't see why Bandai don't just continue doing a classics line that is specifically aimed at collectors and fans of the old series, regardless of how the new series is doing.
Because that would require Bandai cared about this line in the first place. I honestly don't know why they even bothered to take the license since they have never shown any interest in the line at all. Every time someone was interviewing them or asked a question relating to Thundercats, they were pretty much blown off so the rep could talk about Ben 10 and Power Rangers.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #65
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Because that would require Bandai cared about this line in the first place. I honestly don't know why they even bothered to take the license since they have never shown any interest in the line at all. Every time someone was interviewing them or asked a question relating to Thundercats, they were pretty much blown off so the rep could talk about Ben 10 and Power Rangers.
I know, it sucks.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #66
nflxfl21
lion o pride
Nothing new at my walmart and no figures at all i notice they have papers of the reset but there was no thundercats on any of them it sucks i think that is a bad sign and i hope i am wrong never give up hope
nflxfl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #67
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
My Walmart has the 6inch Lion-O and Cheetara on clearance for $6. They had 15 Cheetaras and 22 Lion-Os last night.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #68
brendon
Thunder Kitty
ok as said on another site line is not cancelled when amazon lists as discontinued it just means this figure is no longer availbe or being made. Wave 2 is due uk shortly and that could have effect on line. If line was cancelled ban dai would say there probally waitin to announce new fis till they know if show coming back. Also one of the post on thundercats lair site comes from a ban dai email saying line still going.
brendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #69
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Well, it's a crazy way to run a toy line. Seeing stuff on clearance everywhere doesn't make me too optimistic that stores will be purchasing anything, even if Bandai does release future waves. The time for something exciting and new to keep the line going, was sixth months ago.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #70
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
ok as said on another site line is not cancelled when amazon lists as discontinued it just means this figure is no longer availbe or being made. Wave 2 is due uk shortly and that could have effect on line. If line was cancelled ban dai would say there probally waitin to announce new fis till they know if show coming back. Also one of the post on thundercats lair site comes from a ban dai email saying line still going.
Can you please post a link to that letter?
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #71
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Why do people REALLY still believe the toy line is gunna continue?

The ratings went up, but the toys didnt sell right due to bad case ratio's. Very simple. ALL stores are liquidating Thundercats out and are not being reordered. Sadly they have all been moved to clearance racks and are not in the new plan-o-grams for stores next season.

New product in prototype form would have been done by now and we havent even heard a peep. The summer line up is non existant and there wont be a fall if the show isnt even green lit for season 2. Come on now..........
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #72
TheCopperkid
Thunder Kitty
I just used the "Sight beyond sight" function on my sword of omens and it shows the show and toys will continue.
TheCopperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #73
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Yeah, I think the signs are pretty clear the line is done.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #74
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperkid View Post
I just used the "Sight beyond sight" function on my sword of omens and it shows the show and toys will continue.
Might want to inquire about the refund policy on wherever you got it from then.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #75
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Quote:
Might want to roll a fat blunt for your sword to smoke because your "eye of thundera" clearly has a cataract. Vision is blurry!
McSoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #76
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I'm with ya!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #77
TheCopperkid
Thunder Kitty
All the doubters will soon see the Thundercats will live!
TheCopperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #78
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
That would be great, but if it does, I doubt it will be because of Bandai.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #79
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
Bandai Site DOWN...

thunderbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #80
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbee View Post
Bandai Site DOWN...

Well that settles it then...

Next Chapter of,
The End of Bandai series: The Rise and Fall of Power Rangers.

Last edited by RedisPower; 06-04-2012 at 08:15 PM..
RedisPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #81
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
And Lion-o roared as he walked upon the face of the waters! "Cast out the doubters, for they shall have no place in the Kingdom of Thundera! Neither shall you listen to the Amazon.com, only those who put their faith in Bandai will feel the magic, yes, only they will hear the roar!"
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #82
Dreadnok619
The Destroyer
Toynewsi posted a story bout the status of Thundercats and Bandai. They contacted Bandai to clear up rumors. According to Bandai they still have the master toy license and the current spring 2012 line is out and they will be expanding it as the show goes international. Check out Toynewsi for the original story.
Dreadnok619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #83
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Again, whether Bandai keeps releasing toys or not, they've done a horrible job of keeping momentum going. In the time that they've released 1&1/4 waves of figures ( no I don't think wave 2 counts as a "wave" of figures. More like a placeholder...) Hasbro has released something like 3 or 4 waves of G.I. Joe figures ( a line that is also struggling.) If wave 2 had 6-8 new characters, it would have sold just as strong as the first wave.

My biggest fear is that the toys do really well in Europe, and we have to pay a premium for figures that only get released across the pond because U.S. retailers won't stock them anymore.

Hopefully that's not the case. I'd be thrilled if the toys/show suddenly do really well, but Bandai needs to get it's act together.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #84
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
site works for me...
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #85
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
site works for me...
They brought it back up this morning.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #86
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Because ThunderCats was only another job to them.
MegaGearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #87
test
You don't stand a chance
I gotta say they are selling ok here in the UK .... And I noticed a while ago about the pre orders for wave 2 in July ..... If like the earlier poster said .. the toyline becomes exclusive to UK (which I very highly doubt). Then i'll happily play middle man and get figs for u guys lol .. only problem is the price difference. Have you guys seen how expensive everything is here ? You guys get things at such cheap rates compared to us .
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #88
Amon
Thunder Kitty
So what happens to 6 inch figures like Tygra and Cheetara? Did they already come out?
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #89
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Yup, Cheetara made it to retail. Tygra was very limited online.

Your best bet is here

Thundercats 2011 6" Collector Figure Series 02 - Case Assortment 'C' of 4 Figures - Thundercats (2011) Figures
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote